Pre-Game Talk: Montreal vs Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsrock76

Sep 21, 2006
Ottawa
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 2 min
Desharnais sera du match, Emelin et Diaz ne seront pas en uniforme ce soir. / Desharnais will play tonight, Emelin and Diaz are scratched

therrien just confirmed it -__-

Is this Therrien going with his gut feeling again???

Boullion and Murray are going to be turnstiles for the Pens

Decisions like this usually lead to coaches losing their jobs.

Perhaps the only positive out of this is Beaulieu will be forced to play increased minutes.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Is this Therrien going with his gut feeling again???

Boullion and Murray are going to be turnstiles for the Pens

Decisions like this usually lead to coaches losing their jobs.

Perhaps the only positive out of this is Beaulieu will be forced to play increased minutes.

We all know that Murray and Beaulieu will be benched at that Boullion will eventually play with Subban and Gorges with Markov and the habs will overload two pairings with minutes by the end of the game.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
I can live with Emelin being scratched. He has been making bad decisions. Maybe he looked particularly awful in practice and they're waiting for an easier opponent. But the combination of Bouillon and Murray is just...

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Slow and slower are back together! Well it not like the Habs are playing one of the most offensive team in the league... :banghead:

Words fail me. I mean... what is going on? Everyone else sees that he his willingly choosing a worse roster, right?
We are back to the Gauthier era of getting stuck with dead wood and not doing anything to clean it out.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Phew. For a second there I thought MT had seen the light. Can't wait to see Malkin or Crosby against Murray/Bouillon. Boucher should be buying himself some new whistles and markers because it's only a matter of time.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I guarentee the habs will win tonight....just because that's is what usually happens, we complain and then we look stupid for having complained.

So I'm calling a Habs win...3-1.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Looks like both Emelin and Diaz will be scratched tonight. Therrien is the worst coach in the history of the NHL.

@JBernierJDM:
Douglas Murray confirme qu'il joue ce soir. Possibilité qu'Emelin et Diaz passent leur tour???? #ch #habs

Translation: Murray confirms that he is playing tonight. Both Emelin and Diaz scratched?

edit:

It's official. Emelin and Diaz will be scratched tonight.

@JBernierJDM:
Therrien confirme que Diaz et Emelin seront laissés de côté. #ch #habs

Is this real life?

What! I've been level-headed this whole time on Therrien, and I know Emelin has been playing just as poorly as Murray and Bouillon, but why on Earth would you bench Diaz as well? Murray and Bouillon might just be the worst pairing since, as mentioned earlier, Kaberle and Campoli!

I'm so frustrated with this decision. I was really looking forward to seeing Emelin-Diaz once again. I really can't see the logic in this besides him wanting a more veteran presence or someone being traded, which is very unlikely.

Not happy at all!

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
In the last dozen games, we have gone something like this: W L W L W L W L....
We are very constant, aren't we ?

Analyzer*

Are we being trolled ?

Does he owe Pittsburgh money ? Not like they need help anyways.

Does he hate Price ?

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I can just imagine Murray/Bouillon and Parros line vs Crosby's line. Gonna be fun.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
To be honest, I put more of the blame on Bergevin than Therrien. Therrien is just rotating crap in for the crap that he's rotating out (although that's a bit too harsh on Diaz, who has clearly outplayed Emelin and Mouillon this year, but I digress). Bergevin's the one who has let our D flounder all year and only (finally) called up one of the kids last week.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
TANK 2014!!! I'd have preferred trading players instead of scratching them but...... Ekblad here we come?

Analyzer*

To be honest, I put more of the blame on Bergevin than Therrien. Therrien is just rotating crap in for the crap that he's rotating out (although that's a bit too harsh on Diaz, who has clearly outplayed Emelin and Mouillon this year, but I digress). Bergevin's the one who has let our D flounder all year and only (finally) called up one of the kids last week.

Our d has been surprisingly healthy.

Bergevin, like all of us were expecting to have at least 3 dman out with injuries at all time.

Emelin on the left side, with Gorges on the right side did well. Diaz (granted pairing with Bouillon, or Murray) was the 2nd worst dman. Normally it's Cube, or big Cube.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
Whenever I see Bouillon is playing, I try to cheer myself up with a fun fact:

Brett Lebda, with the Leafs, won a game 9-3, and finished the game with an amazing -3.

I'm still waiting for Bouillon to beat that! :laugh:

In all seriousness though, Bouillon is a great guy, but everytime I see he's gonna play, I cry a little inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad