Pre-Game Talk: Montreal vs Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So, yeah, we need to start winning streaks, not just 1 game here and there.

Toronto is on a 6 game winning streak (we have 3 games in hand on them) and Columbus is on a 7 game winning streak

If we don't even come close to winning either one of our next 3 games (Pittsburgh, Detroit, or Washington) Things need to change. Hell, I'd start to change things even if we only win 1.

I would've started making changes after the Ottawa game.

Analyzer*

I would've started making changes after the Ottawa game.

Me too, but they won and that's all that "matters"

I don't really expect a win tonight, just hope Pittsburgh is gracious and leaves lube in the dressing room.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I have a feeling that our new D pairings will make us a much better team and put us back on track. No more Bouillon and Murray. No more Emelin on the right side.

Our 3rd pairing is easily among the better 3rd pairings in the league at this point, assuming Emelin is more comfortable on the left.

Markov-Subban was a top5 D pairing in the league when they were together. They can make any of our 4 lines look good offensively.

Gorges-Beaulieu can be a very pleasant surprise. Beaulieu has the skating and skill set to play his offside, and playing with a veteran stay at home D will allow him to focus on his game rather than over thinking. If this pairing gels, we'll have a PMD on each pairing and 3 pairings that can support the offense and drive possession.

As for the offense, I'd rather see Eller center the third line with Prust and Bourque. It would form a solid 3rd checking line that can keep the puck in the offensive zone and generate shots from different angles. All three can lay the body. It can be a tough line to play against.

I'm hoping Moen-Leblanc-Bourni can play 8-12 minutes.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
You might be right and I keep hearing great thing about him so he would be the logical choice ahead of Beaulieu too, no? Yet they chose not to. It's a bit strange but I think he'll be left out again, imo, and that's because maybe management doesn't feel like investing NHL time in someone they might identify as a career AHL'er or at least someone that doesn't have the pedigree of Beaulieu or Tinordi. *Ducks tomatoes and lettuces*

Having Beaulieu, Tinordi, and Pateryn reminds me a bit of Hainsey, Komisarek, and Beauchemin.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

So it's been 2 years now that Diaz scored his last 5 on 5 goal... 2 years is a while! He had an empty netter last season, but still, might actually be the time for him to step up.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Looks like both Emelin and Diaz will be scratched tonight. Therrien is the worst coach in the history of the NHL.

@JBernierJDM:
Douglas Murray confirme qu'il joue ce soir. Possibilité qu'Emelin et Diaz passent leur tour???? #ch #habs

Translation: Murray confirms that he is playing tonight. Both Emelin and Diaz scratched?

edit:

It's official. Emelin and Diaz will be scratched tonight.

@JBernierJDM:
Therrien confirme que Diaz et Emelin seront laissés de côté. #ch #habs

Is this real life?

Last edited:

Analyzer*

Looks like both Emelin and Diaz will be scratched tonight. Therrien is the worst coach in the history of the NHL.

@JBernierJDM:
Douglas Murray confirme qu'il joue ce soir. Possibilité qu'Emelin et Diaz passent leur tour???? #ch #habs

Translation: Murray confirms that he is playing tonight. Both Emelin and Diaz scratched?

The correct translation is "Douglas Murray confirms that Therrien is terrible"

So... Bouillon is in ?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
LOL so when we thought Therrien was actually making sense and putting Emelin on the left side he goes back to being a ****ing Pejorative Slur and plays Bouillon and Murray.

Going to be hilarious watching Crosby dance around those two plugs.

carl199

Oct 11, 2013
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 2 min
Desharnais sera du match, Emelin et Diaz ne seront pas en uniforme ce soir. / Desharnais will play tonight, Emelin and Diaz are scratched

therrien just confirmed it -__-

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

@JBernierJDM:

edit:

@JBernierJDM:

Is this real life?

:laugh: :laugh: Can't wait for the Therrien special to be skated around by Malkin all night.

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
Wtf is Therrien doing? He doesn't win us to win? I was so happy of those 6 D on practise (PK, Markov, Beauliue, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz). Why oh why is Therrien so fond on those too?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 2 min
Desharnais sera du match, Emelin et Diaz ne seront pas en uniforme ce soir. / Desharnais will play tonight, Emelin and Diaz are scratched

therrien just confirmed it -__-

Okay, I am now really wondering about where MTs head is.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

@JBernierJDM:

edit:

@JBernierJDM:

Is this real life?

:facepalm:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
It's okay guys, the Habs will get out played, Carey Price will steal the game and MT will feel validated in his decision

It's becoming real frustrating being a fan of this team.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Fire this ****ing clown already for **** sakes. What the **** :help:

Was debating skipping class to catch the game, thanks for making my decision easier Therrien

void

Jan 5, 2006
He's basically telling his team that he doesn't care about winning.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Murray and Bouillon as a pairing. Please call this pair, either the FFS line. (For **** Sakes) or Recipe for Suck-cess line

Analyzer*

Habs should fire him and just put a tablet in his place that updates with polls voted on by the fans as to what the habs should do next.

No, seriously, we'd do a better job than this ****ing ass clown of a joke.

Murray and Bouillon as a pairing. Please call this pair, either the FFS line. (For **** Sakes) or Recipe for Suck-cess line

The Bour-ray (Bur-ray) as in bury this dpairing asafp. (As soon as ****ing possible) more emphasis.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
At least we'll be able to sign Emelin to a cheaper deal this off-season since he's been awful all year.

Oh wait, we already re-signed him 4 years before he even played a game after a major knee injury.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
This decision really makes zero sense to me. Emelin/Diaz is a very respectable 3rd pairing, Bouillon/Murray sounds like a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad