Pre-Game Talk: Montreal vs Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I know the game isn't until Wednesday but I didn't know where else to post this.

Lines at practice:

Eller-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Briere- Bournival
Moen-Prust-Parros

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Bouillon
Murray-Beaulieu
Emelin-Diaz

Markov and Subban reunited?? Emelin on the left?? :scared:

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
I know the game isn't until Wednesday but I didn't know where else to post this.

Lines at practice:

Eller-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Parros

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Bouillon
Murray-Beaulieu
Emelin-Diaz

Gorges and Bouillon on his off side? Nightmare-worthy pairing ;)

Also the Eller on the wing experience is kind of frustrating.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY

Lines at practice:

Eller-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Parros

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Bouillon
Murray-Beaulieu
Emelin-Diaz

So Eller and Galchenyuk are now wingers? :laugh:

Prust is now a center? :help:

24Cups

Aug 2, 2005

Lines at practice:

Eller-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Parros

Ooouf. That third line looks awful sleepy. Do we really need Parros against the Penguins? Prust and Moen should be able to provide the grit. Time to see who will seize the opportunity from the Bulldogs. I'd like to see Thomas get a sniff.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Am I the only one who is OK with Eller as a winger? I mean, yea his a good face-off taker, but Eller isn't playing like a center at all, more like a power foward winger. I see him as a poor man's Hossa, which is still a nice 2nd liner IMO.

Also, glad to see Beaulieu with us, I don't know how he looked in the AHL (but if I look at his stats I'm disappointed) but he wasn't out of place against Toronto, having a fourth foward like him definitely brings some excitement in a game!

edit: Parros still on the 4th line........???

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut

Lines at practice:

Eller-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Parros

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Bouillon
Murray-Beaulieu
Emelin-Diaz

Brilliant MT Brilliant!!!!! :nod:

We went from three scoring lines to two.
Took Eller who sucked on wing last year and put him back on the wing.
Have two defenseman playing on their off-side
And if that bottom 6 doesn't scare you, you haven't been watching this team all year.... like Moron Therrien!
No chance to win against the Pens if we field this crap lineup!

Oh and MB, lets not inject a top six forward from Hamilton to shake this win-loss-win-loss rut...why do that.. even if a kid is not a scorer, his hustle and enthusiasm would be so much better than... ohhh..i dunno ... Rene "I like to coast" Bourque! :shakehead

Lost all faith in this front office...again!

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Am I the only one who is OK with Eller as a winger? I mean, yea his a good face-off taker, but Eller isn't playing like a center at all, more like a power foward winger. I see him as a poor man's Hossa, which is still a nice 2nd liner IMO.

Also, glad to see Beaulieu with us, I don't know how he looked in the AHL (but if I look at his stats I'm disappointed) but he wasn't out of place against Toronto, having a fourth foward like him definitely brings some excitement in a game!

You don't take Eller off center when you look at the depth at that positon.... come on....!

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Briere-Plekanec-Gionta
Bournival-Eller-Bourque
Moen-Prust-Parros

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz

...is it really that hard?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Briere-Plekanec-Gionta
Bournival-Eller-Bourque
Moen-Prust-Parros

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz

...is it really that hard?

...that's a good lineup, except for Parros...in no way, shape, or form should he be dressing against Pitt...bring up Leblanc for the 3rd line with Eller & Bournival and plunk Bourque on the 4th line with Prust & Moen...done like dinner...;)

PricePkPatch*

We will squash them like a bug.

Subban will make Crosby his *****. :yo:

Avengers*

Knowing the Habs and how the teams play I bet they will shutdown the pens and win 4-0!

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

You don't take Eller off center when you look at the depth at that positon.... come on....!

Right now I'm not FOR it but I'm OK with this. If we have no other choices than putting him in our top 6, let him be a winger instead of a center. I don't mind having him as a 3 C, but we can't afford that right now. Just my opinion, obviously I'm not a coach.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Price's stats are going to take a hit with the amount of odd man rushes the Penguins are going to get.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

0.45 ppg isn't bad for a 21 years old defenceman in the AHL.

Edit: Also 7th in points, 2nd among defenceman behind Pateryn who has 16 pts. #52 league-wide

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
wxjB83C.png

:laugh:

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
6 of the last 8 games they've given up 3+ goals against. Not sure how again moving your 2nd best defensive center to wing so Bylsma can cherry pick who to put out against DD or Briere or a line with Parros on it is going to help.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I expect them to be good against the Pens. As usual they will come up with a good effort when they are underdog. It's been like that for a few years with this pattern, when expectations are at a low and the pressure is off you know they will be good. As soon as this team is elevated to a favorite and they have the pressure to perform as a favorite they just burn and melt away (see 2013 playoffs). Against Pens they will sit back, play good defense and counter and probably be successful. However when the onus is on them to initiate and create..well that just a recipe for disaster with this team.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The game is in Pittsburgh so expect Therrien to be out coached and completely lost in his line match-ups. They might still surprise us with a win but I'm not very optimistic about this one.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

0.45 ppg isn't bad for a 21 years old defenceman in the AHL.

Edit: Also 7th in points, 2nd among defenceman behind Pateryn who has 16 pts. #52 league-wide

Agree with that, it isn't bad, but like I said I don't really watch AHL games so it was just an opinion based on a stat sheet. Don't want to bring any controversy here but I would have expected more from our supposed best d-man prospect, even if he's only 21 years old. If he stays will the big club I won't complain though.

The game is in Pittsburgh so expect Therrien to be out coached and completely lost in his line match-ups. They might still surprise us with a win but I'm not very optimistic about this one.

We win if Pittsburgh doesn't show up or Price/Subban steals the show. I'd be surprised if we play a competitve game even after this short break... I honestly don't see us outplay a great team on the road. :( Sucks cause I miss those times when we used to upset better teams.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Could it be that Therrien is currently training Eller as a winger so that once Chucky is back, he gets to take the 3rd line C spot over him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad