GDT: Montreal vs Ottawa January 30th 7pm (Part Two)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Echoing the sentiment; the referee's really murdered the tempo of this game, and took it from a good, gritty battle and handed it to Ottawa on that ******** 4-minute call on Ryan White. Ottawa took control from that point on, and I doubt we have what it takes to draw even against a hot goalie that hasn't allowed much so far this season.

Also shows that the Habs are going in the right direction, but could still use a tad more oomph - especially from the defense.

Wouldn't it be sick if we had some defensive oomph hiding somewhere?

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Shouldn't be blaming white.

White is taking a ton of stupid penalties this year! There is aggressive play and idiocy...White is playing like an idiot. I'm not even sure why we sign Armstrong!

What I've been noticing this game and a little last game is how we cannot get any shots or passes to the net! It's very bad along the wall where ever pass or shot towards the net goes off a stick!

Our passing this year is not impressive at all.:shakehead

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
lol at RDS, blaming Cole on Desharnais' struggles. They're both playing like crap.

part of the reason desharnais is getting such fan backlash is how protected he is by french media. Norman ****ing Flynn was essentially blaming Cole and pacioretty's injury for DD's struggle today on Marinaro's show. of course last year, plekanecs couldn't do anything right

Vinc360

Apr 3, 2008
That one ref that looks like Cole is dreadful... they're killing all the momentum we had, but then again we deserved a lot of those penalties and White needs to be benched for a while...

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Score early in the 3rd, get a lucky bounce a bit later, and we can tie this in the late game rush. It's not over! They just scored 3 on us in one period we can do it too. Remember the greatest comeback ever VS New York!

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I would like to see a line of Cole/DD/Armstrong.

I would like to then see that line benched for the rest of the game and bag skated after.

Have a hard time blaming white..at least he looks like he gives a sh#%

I'd like to see Montreal with a real number C
Desharnais is a plug in who had a good year last year.....He's no number one C!

I'd Try Eller down the middle with Cole and Pacioretty when he's back!
Trade Desharnais while he still has some value

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
how much more time can you realistically give DD?
If he's not producing, he's completely useless as you cant play him on the 3rd or fourth

Cole might have a bit more leeway as he's a proven vet, but lets be honest, DD doesnt have the same benefit of the doubt

HabsFan1689

Jan 27, 2013
You're gonna have bad nights. This is one of them. They will bounce back next game.

Also, terrible officiating.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Score early in the 3rd, get a lucky bounce a bit later, and we can tie this in the late game rush. It's not over! They just scored 3 on us in one period we can do it too. Remember the greatest comeback ever VS New York!
We are missing Kovalev but maybe the Gally's can do it;)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Budaj and Desharnais suck balls!

Budaj has stopped everything he's had a cahnce on. You must be watching the stats instaed of the game. 3 of the 4 goals were on lucky bounces and the 4th was a one timer from 25 feet out.

We've been outplayed and look a bit lethargic but more in a 2-1 or 3-2 type game than 4 1, Ottawa has gotten huge breaks on 2 of the goals and a smaller break on a 3rd.

Love how all the "hockey experts" love to jump off the bandwagon based on a few lucky bounces.

Yes we need to play better defensively and get better legs in back to backs(3rd in 4 nights)...like Price wood say, fans need to "chill out".

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
I take off to the grocery store at the end of the 1st. Come back and its 4-1..LOL

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
I'd like to see Montreal with a real number C
Desharnais is a plug in who had a good year last year.....He's no number one C!

I'd Try Eller down the middle with Cole and Pacioretty when he's back!
Trade Desharnais while he still has some value

Eller? If Desharnais is a plug then Eller is a ECHL grinder and Galchenyuk is a PPG top10 NHL center so I don't know what you're complaining about.

Jeeeez guys, we win some and lose some. It was a bad game, its not the end of the world.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
how much more time can you realistically give DD?
If he's not producing, he's completely useless as you cant play him on the 3rd or fourth

Cole might have a bit more leeway as he's a proven vet, but lets be honest, DD doesnt have the same benefit of the doubt

I would think it's the opposite. Cole is the vet. He needs to show DD and Eller and whoever else the way. His line sucking is more on him than anyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad