Pre-Game Talk: Montreal vs New York Islanders (Gonchar OUT, Pateryn IN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
I've seen one one of this forum's prominent goons take exception to "chokarski", which didn't end good for the party retaliating. And here you are laying it out there, unscathed. More power to you. ;)

"Goons" don't exist on forums because goons rely on physical intimidation.

Watch.

Chokarski chokarski chokarski sucks. He chokes.

What's the big bad goon going to do, quote me and leave a scathing remark?

Anyways, I really hope the Habs step up tonight. As well as they possibly can considering the lines.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yep he did the same with Subban. He went from a Norris trophy canddiate to a norris trophy candidate :shakehead

MT makes poor decisions sometimes, but sitting NB isn't one of them. Dude blew last game, let Pateryn come play for a bit, he's rock steady.

Yeah, Therrien's coach is so the reason why Subban is who he is right now. So dude blew last game, he sits. Geez, where are all the other players not named Sekac and Beaulieu that sat out after blewing out in 1 game? Beaulieu was looking better when he played more so what do we do? Let's play him less....and that's even without Emelin in the lineup. Makes perfect sense.

I guess you are Therrien....giving that coach credit for Subban's Norris...oh and his presence on Team Canada was also a Therrien feature. :sarcasm:

Not surprising though. Therrien loves his defensive play and will always choose the most defensive player instead of the offensive one. Galchenyuk is not ready to play C...too Young, while DLR is totally ready to play C....not Young. True that a grinding team needs more Pateryn than Beaulieu.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
"Practice on Friday was focused heavily on offensive-zone entries and refining that chip-and-chase game rather than eradicating it."

fun game upcoming

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Or, they saw he played poorly last game and understand that sometimes young players need a night in the pressbox every now and then.

Good God, man, where do you get the audacity to bring levelheaded reasoning and insightful thoughts into this conversation? Don't you know you need to run around flailing your arms into the air screaming, "Fire, fire, fire that dumb SOB, Therrien."

Doing that you'll feel a lot better about life, the Habs and yourself.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
"Goons" don't exist on forums because goons rely on physical intimidation.

Watch.

Chokarski chokarski chokarski sucks. He chokes.

What's the big bad goon going to do, quote me and leave a scathing remark?

Ha, literal interpretation always looms. No one's going to quote you, Mr. Neeson. I understand you own "special skills". :)

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Yep he did the same with Subban. He went from a Norris trophy canddiate to a norris trophy candidate :shakehead

MT makes poor decisions sometimes, but sitting NB isn't one of them. Dude blew last game, let Pateryn come play for a bit, he's rock steady.

In that case Subban must be Bebop. Nobody else could pull off those shades.

Analyzer*

I'm not sure if people were watching, but in the games I've seen of Beaulieu lately, he's looked bad.

That said, Therrien doesn't give positive reinforcement, he scratches him.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
It's true though that they suck with the chip and chase. They wait on the blue line. They should sync their speed with the d-men.

Problem is, they can't combine the strecth pass and the chip and chase.

Maybe they can have a guy from each line forecheck for the dump option while the 2 other players sync their speed with the d-men who either dumps the puck to enter the zone with speed, or chooses the puck posession entry.

We have a d-core that is smart enough to give them options.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Yeah, Therrien's coach is so the reason why Subban is who he is right now. So dude blew last game, he sits. Geez, where are all the other players not named Sekac and Beaulieu that sat out after blewing out in 1 game? Beaulieu was looking better when he played more so what do we do? Let's play him less....and that's even without Emelin in the lineup. Makes perfect sense.

I guess you are Therrien....giving that coach credit for Subban's Norris...oh and his presence on Team Canada was also a Therrien feature. :sarcasm:

Not surprising though. Therrien loves his defensive play and will always choose the most defensive player instead of the offensive one. Galchenyuk is not ready to play C...too Young, while DLR is totally ready to play C....not Young. True that a grinding team needs more Pateryn than Beaulieu.

Well if you can blame the coach for the bad things why can't I give him credit for good things? Every coach has an impact, positive and negativer, on the players on the team, Subban included. Why shouldn't young players take time off? Better to struggle now when you have the opportunity to let them take a break, watch the game, then during the playoffs where you can't afford this luxury.

NB hasn't been as good lately, he is young so of course he is inconssitent. People still hate Therrien for things that happened 10 years ago and it's so ridicolous. Some people are really smart and know hockey, but their 10 year grudges against a coach is insane. MT is not perfect, but he's the best we have available to us right now. There is no better unemployed coach.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I'm not sure if people were watching, but in the games I've seen of Beaulieu lately, he's looked bad.

That said, Therrien doesn't give positive reinforcement, he scratches him.

Yep I was in the room... Therrien ripped him a part in front of everyone for hours.

Thank god NB is more mature than most people itt, he probably accepted it because he's young and it happens to young players literally every single team does it.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Did Beaulieu ever get a chance to play with Petry? Seems like Petry comes in and they flop Gilbert to his off side and move him up to second pairing.

Analyzer*

Yep I was in the room... Therrien ripped him a part in front of everyone for hours.

Thank god NB is more mature than most people itt, he probably accepted it because he's young and it happens to young players literally every single team does it.

That's cool. You should have actually learned something while you were in there.

I already said Beaulieu hasn't been playing well, but yeah, ok.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Well if you can blame the coach for the bad things why can't I give him credit for good things? Every coach has an impact, positive and negativer, on the players on the team, Subban included. Why shouldn't young players take time off? Better to struggle now when you have the opportunity to let them take a break, watch the game, then during the playoffs where you can't afford this luxury.

NB hasn't been as good lately, he is young so of course he is inconssitent. People still hate Therrien for things that happened 10 years ago and it's so ridicolous. Some people are really smart and know hockey, but their 10 year grudges against a coach is insane. MT is not perfect, but he's the best we have available to us right now. There is no better unemployed coach.

Crosby had his best offensive season under Therrien, he must have regressed without such a supreme coach behind him. Subban should be lucky to have such a great coach. Product of Da Systeme.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
That is a myth. Boucher only used 1-3-1 on Tampa because he had ****** goalies, and he wanted to mask it. He is IMO the best non-nhl coach right now, and they could even hire him without being bash by the media because of politics...

This is a myth, Guy Boucher has employed 1-3-1 in every opportunity he has ever had.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Crosby had his best offensive season under Therrien, he must have regressed without such a supreme coach behind him. Subban should be lucky to have such a great coach. Product of Da Systeme.

Like I said earlier, coaches have good sides and bad sides. Why can't Therrien haters understand this? No one thinks he is perfect, we just think the bashing is so silly and out of control and really makes you lot look pretty immature.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

I'd love to know who has been good lately. You think Young players need time off? I don't. I think Young players need confidence and playing time. Shouldn't it be what a transition year is all about? And how you go from 25 minutes of great hockey to suddenly healthy scratch because he's Young? Beaulieu, for Therrien, has become obsolete since the Petry acquisition. If anything, if Pateryn is jus acceptable, you will not see Beaulieu a whole lot till the end.

Personnally, I don't even talk about what happened 10 years ago. I couldn't care less. I'M solely talking about what he's doing right now.

Davebo*

Wasn't MT fired from the Pens once just prior to the playoffs? What happened after that?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Like I said earlier, coaches have good sides and bad sides. Why can't Therrien haters understand this? No one thinks he is perfect, we just think the bashing is so silly and out of control and really makes you lot look pretty immature.

We are talking about a coach who makes absolutely no in-game adjustments, regardless of the situation and has been overseeing the god awful PP for two seasons now. Despite having some pretty good personel to man it.

The PK is really good? Yeah, it was really good under Martin too. He's made our players better people? Subjective at best. The room is closer? Again, subjective at best. No proof of this at all.

What I see is a team that has regressed offensively every single season since 12-13 because every season he shifts harder into his stubborn grinders game. To the point where we are now trading away skill players to make more room for more 4th line plugs.

This team has been getting bailed out on a nightly basis by Carey Price. That's what the eye test tells me.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
It's weird that most of you are angry that Beaulieu is being scratched. He's been playing below average. The blame isn't totally being placed on him alone. It's just a healthy scratch... Relax. It's not like Therrien didn't do the exact same thing with Subban and other developing players. It's not very uncommon to see in the NHL.

It's like some people just started watching hockey yesterday.

The point is he does this with the wrong players, he always sides with his vets. Gonchar has also had bad games, as had DD, The point is we need a guy like NB playing every night, he was playing great, hitting his stride and playing decent min. Then MT feels the need to start messing with a good thing. Rookies will have off nights. But cutting back his ice time to the point where he is benched? It hurts his development. We won't win any big series with Gonchar and Gilbert hogging big minutes. If Galchenyuk, Beualieu don't start seeing more ice time and PP time, this team will continue to stagnate and have problems scoring goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad