Pre-Game Talk: Montreal vs New York Islanders (Gonchar OUT, Pateryn IN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
Please give Price a break for a few games and let Tokarski in Saturday. Our Number 1 needs a mental and physical recharge.

Might be a slaughter, but maybe at least an entertaining one. An age ago, Habs hockey was fun to watch. The Flying Frenchmen. Now....my colonoscopy and treatments are of far more interest, and less painful.

Habs burn as Therrien fiddles (with lines et al).........Beware the Ides of March MT and MB!

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
please no !! this will be my first time seeing the habs play in person and i dont want chokarski in net

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Please give Price a break for a few games and let Tokarski in Saturday. Our Number 1 needs a mental and physical recharge.

Might be a slaughter, but maybe at least an entertaining one. An age ago, Habs hockey was fun to watch. The Flying Frenchmen. Now....my colonoscopy and treatments are of far more interest, and less painful.

Habs burn as Therrien fiddles (with lines et al).........Beware the Ides of March MT and MB!

New look needed for the lineup:

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher
Eller Plekanec Smith-Pelly
De La Rose Desharnais Parenteau
Prust Mitchell Weise

Beaulieu Subban
Markov Petry
Emelin Gilbert

I believe Markov could use a rest off the top pairing. He has seemed a little slow the last couple of games. Petry plays a more defensive style and I think it could be good for him to play lesser minutes for a game or two and have a guy covering his lack of foot speed for a few.

Subban and Beaulieu would be a solid pairing as J have really liked Beaulieu's defensive game as of late as well and I think their mobility and puck moving would be a great threat.

Plekanec has played a bit soft lately and I think could use the muscle around him. Get him motivated again.

Last edited:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
honestly, what happened to beaulieu?

he was our 3rd best dman after subban, markov and now is being given number 6 minutes. why?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
honestly, what happened to beaulieu?

he was our 3rd best dman after subban, markov and now is being given number 6 minutes. why?
Don't blame me for saying this but.... I told you so.

He was great for us before... why? Because there were injuries and he got the opportunity to play. Now we're healthy and we've added Petry. So Beau gets knocked down the lineup.

Just another freaking sad story with this team.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
New look needed for the lineup:

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher
Eller Plekanec Smith-Pelly
De La Rose Desharnais Parenteau
Prust Mitchell Weise

Beaulieu Subban
Markov Petry
Emelin Gilbert

I believe Markov could use a rest off the top pairing. He has seemed a little slow the last couple of games. Petry plays a more defensive style and I think it could be good for him to play lesser minutes for a game or two and have a guy covering his lack of foot speed for a few.

Subban and Beaulieu would be a solid pairing as J have really liked Beaulieu's defensive game as of late as well and I think their mobility and puck moving would be a great threat.

Plekanec has played a bit soft lately and I think could use the muscle around him. Get him motivated again.

We're losing and need goals but still I doubt Therrien will remove his feckless midget from the #1C position. Those D pairings undo Markov-Subban, but why not shake that up, would like to see more Beaulieu and to have Emelin back.

Isles will be a good test.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Don't blame me for saying this but.... I told you so.

He was great for us before... why? Because there were injuries and he got the opportunity to play. Now we're healthy and we've added Petry. So Beau gets knocked down the lineup.

Just another freaking sad story with this team.

Beaulieu has been having difficulties recently so it's normal he has played less. Also we acquired Petry.

He is in the lineup playing, not sure what is sad about it.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Man this team need secondary scoring. Patches is usually there, but Galchenyuk has one point in his last 8 games, Pleks has 3 in his last 8, Prust 1 in the last 8, Weise got 2... Gallagher is doing a little better but still, right now all the offense is coming from Patches/Subban/Markov. The others have got to step it up.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Beaulieu has been having difficulties recently so it's normal he has played less. Also we acquired Petry.

He is in the lineup playing, not sure what is sad about it.
He's been having difficulties... :laugh:

Even if this is true... if a guy has a bad game you cut his ice in half? Makes sense.

Bottom line is that the only reason Beaulieu got to show what he could do was because there were injuries. Everyone then started talking about what a great development job he was doing with him.

This is the frustrating part - we've SEEN how good Beau is. We know how well he can play. All he needs is the minutes and opportunity. But this coach...

Anyways, it will be cool to see another Halak vs Price matchup. Hopefully we fare better this time. Isles are doing well and that's a cool thing. I really like Johnny T.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
He's been having difficulties... :laugh:

Yes, big time. Therrien is doing everything to help him (ridicoulus O-zone starts).

Nathan Beaulieu – A tough night for the young Montreal defenceman, who had 40.0% possession (12 shot attempts for, 18 against), and was on for three goals against, despite starting 83.3% of shifts in the offensive zone.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I almost hope we lose ground and Tampa passes us. I'd love to play Detroit, a good team, with a good coach and a great fan base who I respect a lot.

Plus I think we match up really well with them but shhh

void

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal vs New York Islanders (Beaulieu OUT, Pateryn IN)

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Parenteau
Eller - De la Rose - Smith-Pelly
Prust-Mitchell-Weise

Markov - Subban
Gilbert - Petry
Gonchar - Pateryn
Beaulieu - Weaver

It was all Beaulieu's fault. Therrien is a genius for figuring it out.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Parenteau
Eller - De la Rose - Smith-Pelly
Prust-Mitchell-Weise

Markov - Subban
Gilbert - Petry
Gonchar - Pateryn
Beaulieu - Weaver

It was all Beaulieu's fault. Therrien is a genius for figuring it out.

And here I was thinking it was YOUR fault. At 2-0 last night, I said to myself 'That's it, Pyretta's gonna call a Price shutout, she's gonna jinx this' ;)

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
The Ottawa game was Beaulieu's fault
This one is going to be Pateryn's
Da system is fine da system is fine :help:

Last game 2 goals scored:
  • 1st goal scored by Pacioretty on the PP, other forwards were Galchenyuk and Gallagher
  • 2nd scored by Pacioretty on the PK, other forward was Eller
Da forward lines are fine da forward lines are fine :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad