Pre-Game Talk: Montreal vs New York Islanders (Gonchar OUT, Pateryn IN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Winning the Cup could be the worst thing that happens to us, because it would mean that Therrien would not be fired and that Desharnais will probably stay through at least this contract.

I'm honestly not sure if this is a joke.

Sure, winning the Cup would be terrible, just TERRIBLE, 'cause then we'd have to wait longer to get a new coach, which is what we need if this team is ever going to... um... win a Cup.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

Sure, winning the Cup would be terrible, just TERRIBLE, 'cause then we'd have to wait longer to get a new coach, which is what we need if this team is ever going to... um... win a Cup.

He is being completely serious.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL

Winning the cup would also mean picking really low in the draft, which would hinder building a cup winning team.

Obviously, teams ranked 25-30 have the best global strategy for draft picks and coaching changes.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He is being completely serious.

He always struck me as a pretty rational guy, so I'm going to assume that post escaped before he had a chance to think about what he was typing. We're all entitled to a 'mulligan' every now and then. At least I hope that's how he sees it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
‏@JessRusnak
As per @Richardlabbe Beaulieu and Pateryn in tonight vs Islanders. Gonchar, Weaver and Emelin out. #Habson690

Curious to see if Pateryn picks up where he left off and makes a case to be part of the playoff roster. I like what I saw from him.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
He always struck me as a pretty rational guy, so I'm going to assume that post escaped before he had a chance to think about what he was typing. We're all entitled to a 'mulligan' every now and then. At least I hope that's how he sees it.

It was sarcasm. BC does this a lot lately to make light of the ridiculousness of what we can often read here.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'm glad that Gonchar is out. He appears to be the weakest link to me. He hasn't been the same since coming back from injury and it's doubtful we bring him back next year.

Habsoil

Mar 24, 2012
Fort mac

Do not worry or lose sleep, this team or no NHL team will ever win a cup under Michel Therrien.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Woooow. Very pleasantly surprised that early reports of Pateryn being in for Beaulieu were premature. Gonchar has been good for us and great for Nate, but for the benefit of the team he should rest up/mentor from the sidelines and in practice.

Markov-Subban
Gilbert-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn

is fine by me! Emelin's eventual return will give us stellar depth on d, put him in Gilbert's spot and go back to Beaulieu-Gilbert as the bottom pair.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad