Pre-Game Talk: Montreal vs Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
imagine if that was the game that detoit needed to make the playoffs and it would eliminate toronto if they won it...rest EVERYBODY!!:laugh::laugh::laugh: that would be so ****ing awesome

OMG, it would be EPIC. I'd start Mayer and the rest of the Dogs to rest the entire team. You know, to give the kids a look ;)

HABS win CUPS*

nice I like what Bergevin is saying here about depth D for a playoff run

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
OMG, it would be EPIC. I'd start Mayer and the rest of the Dogs to rest the entire team. You know, to give the kids a look ;)

Imagine Don Cherry.

I remember him crying when the Devils started Clemmensen in the last game of the season, and NJ ended up losing to the Isles, costing the Leafs a spot. He claimed it as "unfair".

void

Jan 5, 2006
MB on TSN690 with Knuckles

@mckennaconor:
"It's always a possibility. " Bergevin on potential Subban offer sheet. #habson690

@mckennaconor:
Bergevin says Therrien has made Subban a better player. What do you think? #habson690

@ArponBasu:
"Brian Gionta, if you put a value on a player's character and leadership, this guy's off the charts" - Marc Bergevin

@BWildeCTV:
Huge praise for Brian Gionta. Massive. Glowing. Enormous praise. Bergevin loves his captain. #habs

I'm scared... very scared. :help:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Therrien made Subban a better player...even though Subban came into the lineup last season flying after having no training camp and after having not been allowed to have contact with the team because he had no contract.

Yeah, it was all MT.

HABS win CUPS*

I'm really scared about that. If he doesn't sign him, there's gonna be a team that gonna put an BIG offer sheet and Subban gonna sign it. Bergeving gonna have no choice but equal the offer.

Subban genuinely does seem to like and care about playing for the Habs so just dont mess around give him some real cash and keep him here

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So after reading the interview:

1)Bergevin is right to praise Gionta. He's not Saku (No one will be) but he has turned out to be a good choice for captain. Hard working, quiet, conservative choice. The only issue with gio is his money and his usage. And seems the latter is getting better, as Vanek and Gally trump him in the lineup. As for money, we'll see but I think Gionta isn't a greedy guy. I bet the habs will just set up some endorsement stuff to supplement his income.

2)Pk clearly has had some great moments as a Hab under Therrien. We may not like that he's not used on the PK, or that he's held more accountable than others but as others have said PK seems happy here. I don't have worries about him leaving

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I really doubt Subban will sign an offer sheet. The guy has pride and has said multiple times that he wants to help this team win it's first cup in 20 years.

You guys really think no one gave him an offersheet before the lockout?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I really doubt Subban will sign an offer sheet. The guy has pride and has said multiple times that he wants to help this team win it's first cup in 20 years.

You guys really think no one gave him an offersheet before the lockout?

Teams were not allowed to as per the CBA that was in effect at that time.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
@mckennaconor:
"It's always a possibility. " Bergevin on potential Subban offer sheet. #habson690

@mckennaconor:
Bergevin says Therrien has made Subban a better player. What do you think? #habson690

@ArponBasu:
"Brian Gionta, if you put a value on a player's character and leadership, this guy's off the charts" - Marc Bergevin

@BWildeCTV:
Huge praise for Brian Gionta. Massive. Glowing. Enormous praise. Bergevin loves his captain. #habs

I'm scared... very scared. :help:

I honestly don't care if he extends Gionta, I wouldn't even be mad. If he does however sign him, he better be moving Bourque and Briere in the off season

I like Gionta, a lot, it's Therrien that use's him way too much that makes us dislike him most of the time. If Therrien can figure that out, we would be alright with Gio playing a big role on the 3rd and not 2nd line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad