Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Toronto 7pm ET (TVA Sports/SN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Leafs lines from yesterday's practice

that lineup is pretty solid, expect the leafs to win a lot again
in regular season.. obviously
Yeah, only Reaves and Giordano don't look too good for their roles. Of course Domi on 2nd line isn't great on it's own, but as a complementary piece to Tavares and Nylander, it could work ok.

Treliving did quite well at tweaking this lineup.

Reactions: FloJack and Toene

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
With that defence, I don't see how they've really improved.
Definitely some question marks on defense. Though if Klingberg can rebound to his Dallas days and Liligren can continue to improve. I'd consider them being better than last season.

The 3rd and 4th lines of the Leafs are not that impressive.
I think it depends on if that Minten kid is for real.

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
Allen has to get the game 1 start over Monty who is basically a 20 game backup and Allen has a career .917% cave percentage vs the leafs.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Knies looked very good against us in the preseason, would not be surprised if he bumps Domi on the second line.
Not sure about the addition of Bertuzzi ; they do need some grit, but you have to wonder how plushy sofffff players like Matthew's and Marner will react when Bertuzzi stirs his poopoo .
Anyways, if they win the first game, they're winning the cup, right?
I don't think they addressed their problems on D, behind the bench and in the nets......they're going to face plant like they always do when the playoffs start: mark my words:)

Reactions: dralaf

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Knies looked very good against us in the preseason, would not be surprised if he bumps Domi on the second line.
Not sure about the addition of Bertuzzi ; they do need some grit, but you have to wonder how plushy sofffff players like Matthew's and Marner will react when Bertuzzi stirs his poopoo .
Anyways, if they win the first game, they're winning the cup, right?
I don't think they addressed their problems on D, behind the bench and in the nets......they're going to face plant like they always do when the playoffs start: mark my words:)
Knies is their 2nd best LW. Domi is there becasue Knies and Minten played well together in the camp and they probably want to balance the lines. Knies was great in playoffs last year and in the few reg season games he played and had a great camp too. He's already ahead of Domi.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Allen has to get the game 1 start over Monty who is basically a 20 game backup and Allen has a career .917% cave percentage vs the leafs.
The 3 goalie thing, will not work.................gotta make a trade soon, or waive one of them....
Primeau might have been better than both in the preseason?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Once I get over the fact that I can't stand the Leafs. I have to say that the changes they've made this off season. Make them a stronger team than last season.
I have to believe the 2 rookies on the 3rd line catches up to them
And they ain't winning shit with that D and G lol
So were good for another year lmao

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I have to believe the 2 rookies on the 3rd line catches up to them
And they ain't winning shit with that D and G lol
So were good for another year lmao
Normally I'd agree, but the league is becoming more and more of a young mans game. With their top 6, the 3rd and 4th lines won't be getting too much ice time.

Lol we're in agreement with their D and G. Though I do like their back up goalie. I have a feeling he'll be their #1 in a short period of time.

I always enjoy beating the Leafs
Oh me too. I could be having a shit day. But if we beat the Leafs, my day is freaking golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad