OT: Montreal style pizza in Toronto?

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
I don't understand the first part of your post. Whatever.

Also, this seems directed towards Pizza hut, Pizza pizza, double pizza and the likes. Obviously this isn't good pizza... Get out and eat in real Pizza places.

Your response reminds me of sage advice I got from an old-timer years back, it went something like this: "Never argue with a stupid person; they'll drag you down to their level, then they'll beat you with experience"
walking away now..................................

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Your response reminds me of sage advice I got from an old-timer years back, it went something like this: "Never argue with a stupid person; they'll drag you down to their level, then they'll beat you with experience"
walking away now..................................

What:laugh: I think someone misinterpreted the whole conversation.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Off topic but I'm in Toronto now and my cousins wife said she hates Montreal bagels and prefer toronto bagels.

How is that humanly possible...however she's only ever had Toronto's version of a montreal bagel.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Take this battle to the pizza thread guys. :)

Also, Montreal pizza is 2nd to nobody.

go to Naples tho its a totally different tomato flavour - i used to think NY had the best pizza ever

im really more into the sauce than any other part of the za i guess

the roman tomatos are just super acidic really bright tasing and sour you can pretty much crush one schmear it over something with some oil bake it for awhile and it become tomato sauce so fresh tasting

:popcorn::popcorn:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Off topic but I'm in Toronto now and my cousins wife said she hates Montreal bagels and prefer toronto bagels.

How is that humanly possible...however she's only ever had Toronto's version of a montreal bagel.

your cousin should probably ask for a divorce, she's obviously insane

although, st. urbain (in st lawrence, but sold many places) does a pretty good approximation of montreal bagels.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
I don't believe you. Not with this "Montreal Pizza" thing. If you crazies have a "huge" Italian population you must have imprisoned them, or worse by now.

Most "Montreal pizza" in Montreal are not made by Italians. There's a substantial Italian community and they're known for their amazing food. Cheap/delivery pizza is not one of them. Actually, it's mostly Greeks or French Canadians making that style of pizza.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Most "Montreal pizza" in Montreal are not made by Italians. There's a substantial Italian community and they're known for their amazing food. Cheap/delivery pizza is not one of them. Actually, it's mostly Greeks or French Canadians making that style of pizza.

Actually, cheap pizza isn't Montreal at all. Things like 2 for 1 pizza (With the generic thin crust, bacon bits and etc.) are reminescent of NY style pizza, but with lesser ingredients.

Pizza from greek/quebec joints are rarely this bad.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Actually, cheap pizza isn't Montreal at all. Things like 2 for 1 pizza (With the generic thin crust, bacon bits and etc.) are reminescent of NY style pizza, but with lesser ingredients.

Pizza from greek/quebec joints are rarely this bad.

Can I post this on the NY Islander's board without getting banned or an infraction? I being serious here!

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Why would you go to Toronto to eat Montreal style pizza? That's like going to New York to have a Philly Cheese steak.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I want pizza now with all this pizza talk :cry:

I do realize this is half a decade later... but anyways, I live next (like literally neighbours) to probably my favourite pizza place (and across the road from a crappy chain)... and I'm craving pizza big time now. :laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Why would you go to Toronto to eat Montreal style pizza? That's like going to New York to have a Philly Cheese steak.
Nobody would go to Toronto for Montreal pizza man... the thread is for people who live in TO and are trying to get something similar locally.

So far, something that's seemingly impossible to do.

I still haven't made it to Danforth pizza yet though so... who knows?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Can I post this on the NY Islander's board without getting banned or an infraction? I being serious here!

I didn't bash NY style pizza, I just said the style was similar. Most montreal pizza restaurants serve THICK greasy, steamy pizza.

Much like a miata is similar in style to an early Ferrari.

Last edited:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I didn't bash NY style pizza, I just said the style was similar. Most montreal pizza restaurants serve THICK greasy, steamy pizza.

Much like a miata is similar in style to an early Ferrari.

"Actually, cheap pizza isn't Montreal at all. Things like 2 for 1 pizza (With the generic thin crust, bacon bits and etc.) are reminescent of NY style pizza"

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
your cousin should probably ask for a divorce, she's obviously insane

although, st. urbain (in st lawrence, but sold many places) does a pretty good approximation of montreal bagels.

I hate St. Urbain bagel. I would buy them fresh out of the oven, still warm. By the time I got home (Bremner and Spadina, a 5 minute drive on a weekend) they were hard as a rock. It happened on more than one occasion. Oddly though, my wife's employer orders St. Urbain bagels for the entire firm on Fridays. Every once in a while she would bring me one home at the end of the day and they were still soft. Weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad