GDT: Montreal @ Sens | Monday, February 25 | 7:30 PM | Senatrolls edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
And you call the last game in Montreal what? Luck goes around.

Sens outplayed the Habs the first two games of the season but only got one win - just call it Karma!

Nope i'd say sens outplayed the 1st one but the habs had quality scoring chances Anderson was solid
Second was close both teams had their moments.
Tonight the habs outplayed the sens for 60 minutes but Bishop was in beast mode.Price was disguised as santa too.

Good for you but calling it Karma is plain bs.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
didnt deserve that one... Oh well. I aint complaining.

Methot is a beast but I thought Gryba had a bad game.

yip, gryba didn't have a strong game. that's a second in a row that he hasn't played a well as his first couple games. he might be sitting (or in the ahl) after the boston game if he plays like that again.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Man, what a thriller game and thriller finish. Credit to our guys for staying with them for the whole game and not letting it get away from them. But man, without Bishop this game would have been ugly.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Bishop, like Anderson, benefiting from the strong defensive system that minimizes shots...no wait the Sens don't do that. Bishop was very good in the AHL and it has carried over nicely.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Luck and goaltending is all we have on our side these days. We'll take every win they get us.

You have to be good to be lucky & while the Habs had the better play in the first two periods you have to play three periods to win. The Sens played much better in the third & I thought it was even until the ****ing refs took over the game with crap calls. Ottawa took the first place team in the East, with a depleted lineup, while the stinking Habs had a full roster & we took them to a shootout & beat them. What do people expect? Remember when everyone was calling this team an AHL team? Well our AHL team just beat the best team in the NHL Eastern Conference. Bishop stole the game but they well in the third & overtime.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Who cares. I'll take the luck with the players we have injured out of the lineup right now.

Honestly, we've been lucky for a bit. And we've also been VERY close in ALL games we've won.

Its been great, and this team DOESN'T give up! Which is a HUGE thing. A little luck, fine, but its because we keep pressing.

Fine we were the worse team, but Bishop out goalied Price. Which is why we won. Sometimes, that's what happens.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Turris had a bad game, but come on now, everyone has off nights. Just needs to get a goal and get the monkey off his back.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You have to be good to be lucky & while the Habs had the better play in the first two periods you have to play three periods to win. The Sens played much better in the third & I thought it was even until the ****ing refs took over the game with crap calls. Ottawa took the first place team in the East, with a depleted lineup, while the stinking Habs had a full roster & we took them to a shootout & beat them. What do people expect? Remember when everyone was calling this team an AHL team? Well our AHL team just beat the best team in the NHL Eastern Conference. Bishop stole the game but they well in the third & overtime.

Like you said, Bishop stole the game. We were not good tonight. That's a fact.

Not gonna dwell on any of the negative stuff though because every win we get with this lineup is a huuuuge bonus. Just not going to pretend we played well.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
yEIY1lG.png

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
If we get goaltending like this there is no reason we cant make noise.

Hell, remember massively outplaying Toronto but losing because of their goalie?
I just find it hard to believe we can continue to get goaltending like this. Ugh, I really wish Karlsson was back this year now. This team could be something special.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I wouldn't say our 1st period was that bad. We started strong and as the period wore on the Habs caught up and eventually overtook us. We did get outplayed but you could see the compete level was there for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad