GDT: Montreal @ Sens | Monday, February 25 | 7:30 PM | Senatrolls edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensageddon

Feb 24, 2013
I would be really happy if the sens were in 4th with everyone healthy. This next game agaisnt boston should be intresting. Maybe our goaltending can steal us a cup this year!!

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I wouldn't say our 1st period was that bad. We started strong and as the period wore on the Habs caught up and eventually overtook us. We did get outplayed but you could see the compete level was there for us.

Totally. I'm holding out hope that Karlsson's anemic moustache betrays an adolescent healing rate, and he's back next month.

Sidetracked

Feb 12, 2010
My god there are some terrible, delusional and bitter posters on the Habs board. So hard not to post but will accomplish nothing. Damn sheep.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Colour me impressed with the Habs.

They close down on puck carriers with crazy speed.

Their only weakness is that guys like Desharnais can be pushed around near the net.

same thing with gallagher. he was thrown around like a rag doll a couple times.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Habs seem to me like a much better team than the Leafs though. they're faster and much better at limiting shots against. We're certainly not the first team to be stung by their system.

They were certainly better against us than the Leafs.

In our current form, we're more of a physical team that battles.

We got outskated tonight.

What's funny is that the Leafs destroyed the Habs.

It's like the Philly-Toronto-Ottawa trifecta all over again.

What's frustrating is that we can't rely on our PP. So when penalties start getting called, it's a terrible situation for us.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
My god there are some terrible, delusional and bitter posters on the Habs board. So hard not to post but will accomplish nothing. Damn sheep.

They outplayed us.

Not sure what's delusional about that.

They can have the moral victory.

I'll take the 2 points and run.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Not working as hard as against the Leafs.

The foot speed just was not there.

Games like tonight will happen, that's why you need elite goaltending to win in this league.

Go ask the LA Kings if they would have the Cup without Quick last year???

Tonight we won because Bishop was better then Price, that's it. I'm so happy we beat the Habs, makes me all warm inside.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm not sure if we were slow out there or the Habs were just skating their tails off. Maybe both.

Well, that 2nd period against the Leafs was end to end.

I think the issue was with our breakout, and the Habs propensity to pinch to the half-boards and prevent the outlet pass.

Without Karlsson to skate it out, we spent a fair amount of time penned in our zone.

Combine that with what felt like bad faceoffs, and it didn't do much for our puck possession.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
It's pretty clear that the key to beating the Habs is to play them very physical. The Leafs put a good licking on them with a real physical game. And the sens tonight continually punished Pacioretty at every chance and got in hard on the defensemen every opportunity they could.

mranderson

Oct 17, 2012
i just did.

yEIY1lG.png

Wow. It wasn't that long ago when we were lucky to have half a decent goaltender let alone two of them.

Bishop keeps this up and he will be in for a decent sized raise regardless of who he's with next year.

Young team. Two goalies. Winning even without our all-star centre, Norris winning defenseman, and heroic goalie? ****! Life is sweet as a Sens fan.

kaws

Apr 10, 2010
How did Regin look tonight on his first game back?

Wasn't able to watch the whole game tonight... Only watched the 3rd to the end. He had a wicked shot that hit the crossbar at the end of the 3rd and a sweet goal in the shootout. And man... Silf's release is insanely quick as always.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I'm not sure if we were slow out there or the Habs were just skating their tails off. Maybe both.

They weren't skating well, which in turn lead to a lot of bad passes, which slowed them down even more.

The forwards were basically static in the D-zone, forcing the D to mainly force passes up the boards or off the the glass and out.

Really wasn't pretty at all, but they end up winning a stinker, great for them.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We were hemmed in hard in our own zone cause of our inability to move it out of our zone via smooth passes by our defenders. Karlsson will be sorely missed the rest of the year when we face hard aggressive fore-checking teams like Montreal.

Turris disappointed me very much this game. He is trying his best and doing many other things well but he is overcomitting offensively. He is trying to be the hero and go to go and therefore not playing his game. Silfverberg and Alfredsson are creating so much more chances and he feels he needs to whenever he has the puck, he needs to ease his game and he will start producing.

Aside from that, all the other boys worked their ****s off, very proud.

Bishop was spectacular. I'm so happy for the guy.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Well, that 2nd period against the Leafs was end to end.

I think the issue was with our breakout, and the Habs propensity to pinch to the half-boards and prevent the outlet pass.

Without Karlsson to skate it out, we spent a fair amount of time penned in our zone.

Combine that with what felt like bad faceoffs, and it didn't do much for our puck possession.

Yeah, they were breathing down our necks every place on the ice. And even without EK we're usually decent in transition, but the Habs were just dominant in that regard.

I haven't watched them enough this year to know if this is typical of them or rare form, but man, they were scary.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Wasn't able to watch the whole game tonight... Only watched the 3rd to the end. He had a wicked shot that hit the crossbar at the end of the 3rd and a sweet goal in the shootout. And man... Silf's release is insanely quick as always.

He was brilliant. One of the few forwards to actually have a handle on the puck tonight and withstand heavy forecheck. He also had a couple of amazing shots early in the game that stung Price and had him lost.

Not sure if this was said but is Ouu Ahh perfect in the shootout?

As perfect as his release. 3/3

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW

one of the few sens skaters who looked great. Just couldnt finish until the shootout.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

Best non-goalie playing for the Ottawa Senators today (imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->