Proposal: Montreal - Philadelphia

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
We’re not giving up futures for Patches. We aren’t contending. This doesn’t fit the teams plan. Hard pass

Reactions: Tripod

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
So after repeated nos for two first rd picks the ask is a 1st and Two former 1st rounders? No again.

Wait a year and get him for free and the answer improves to maybe.

Thats just how bad a fit patches is to Philly

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
So after repeated nos for two first rd picks the ask is a 1st and Two former 1st rounders? No again.

Wait a year and get him for free and the answer improves to maybe.

Thats just how bad a fit patches is to Philly
Former first round means nothing. Morin would clear waivers at this point and Rubstov couldn't hit PPG in his draft+2 season in the QMJHL. They're the equivalent COMBINED of a third round pick.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
This was posted in the Pacioretty landing spot thread. A Flyers fan proposed this and I think it makes sense.

What does everyone think:

:habs

Max Pacioretty - re-signed
Something minor

:flyers

1st round pick(PHI)
Joni Lehtera
Samuel Morin
German Rubtsov

I think the Habs would take this deal. Again a Flyers fan posted this.

Just seeing the thought across the board.
Fllyers are really tough to trade with. I remember they refused Roy back in the day when he was on the block. I can't see a major move like this going thru

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Does nothing for the Habs and as mentioned by Flyers fans, Max is not likely a fit with them either. This love for Morin is weird, just because he is Québecois, he is an average dman at best.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I think Morin has been a massive disappointment but that dude is just being ridiculous. Would have liked to have seen Rubtsov have a better couple of post draft years but there are a lot of factors there and he hasnt been terrible.

Rubstov haa been disappointing for sure. I'm disappointed that Morin Present in the NHL yet but that's due to factors out of his control like poor coaching decisions and injuries. Saying their combined worth is a 3rd round pick is just utterly ridiculous.

Reactions: BernieParent

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Rubstov haa been disappointing for sure. I'm disappointed that Morin Present in the NHL yet but that's due to factors out of his control like poor coaching decisions and injuries. Saying their combined worth is a 3rd round pick is just utterly ridiculous.
I think Morin has been a far bigger disappointment between the two but to each their own.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I think Morin has been a far bigger disappointment between the two but to each their own.

Then you had the wrong expectations. He's already established himself as a top pairing shutdown defender in the AHL, but then lost the past year to injury. Assuming he's able to get back on track health-wise next season, he still projects as a minute-eating shutdown defender who can eat up tons of space on the PK. He's never going to get PP time with the other defenders on the team, so if you're looking for offensive production, you're being unreasonable.

Reactions: pmwlker

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Then you had the wrong expectations. He's already established himself as a top pairing shutdown defender in the AHL, but then lost the past year to injury. Assuming he's able to get back on track health-wise next season, he still projects as a minute-eating shutdown defender who can eat up tons of space on the PK. He's never going to get PP time with the other defenders on the team, so if you're looking for offensive production, you're being unreasonable.
Lmao, nope, Im just looking for a guy who went 11th overall and is going to turn 23 years old this summer to earn a regular spot in the NHL. So you can save the condescending routine homie.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Lmao, nope, Im just looking for a guy who went 11th overall and is going to turn 23 years old this summer to earn a regular spot in the NHL. So you can save the condescending routine homie.

you say, while ignoring the context of why he wasnt in the NHL last year. Keep in mind he got the first call up, and likely wouldve stuck with the team, if he wasnt hiding an injury (in an effort to make his case to play in the NHL). He'd also almost assuredly made the team out of camp this year as well, if it werent for his knee being blown out 2 weeks ago, if for no other reason that he loses waiver eligibility. Kid was drafted as a long term project, and hit some poor luck on the way.

Am i disappointed hes not playing in the NHL? sure. But none of that is really his fault.

Reactions: pmwlker

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Speaking of condescending routines.
Refuses to accept fact if it doesn’t suit the narrative.

Ok then Homie. No point is there. We’ve been thru this before.

Reactions: Tripod

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I don't usually comment on the trade board, however, count this Hab fan as one who wants nothing to do with Morin. He just strikes me as a d-man tailor made for the NHL's dead puck era. IMHO, he's Philly's version of Tinordi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad