Proposal: Montreal - Philadelphia

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
This was posted in the Pacioretty landing spot thread. A Flyers fan proposed this and I think it makes sense.

What does everyone think:

:habs

Max Pacioretty - re-signed
Something minor

:flyers

1st round pick(PHI)
Joni Lehtera
Samuel Morin
German Rubtsov

I think the Habs would take this deal. Again a Flyers fan posted this.

Just seeing the thought across the board.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I would not from Montreal. I know which website I’m on, but in reality, a more proven asset and/or better than Lehtera needs to come back.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
He said, unaware that it happens pretty frequently...

It like never happens in the NHL. It's a fantasy way for a fan to try to bump up a player's value when coming up with trade proposals on message forums, and nothing more. It's a denial of reality.

Also, as someone else pointed out, Patches re-signed isn't necessarily attractive. He's going to be 30 in November and is coming off his worst season since he became a regular. That's not the big prize you guys think it is.

Your best hope is that he comes in next season and blows the doors off, and you can max out his rental value at the deadline. Otherwise, you're going to be mighty disappointed in the return.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
This was posted in the Pacioretty landing spot thread. A Flyers fan proposed this and I think it makes sense.

Something minor

1st round pick(PHI)
Joni Lehtera
Samuel Morin
German Rubtsov

Ok, lets make this simple. MOST flyers fan I speak with don't want Pacioretty. Can we stop with these trade offers for him

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ok, lets make this simple. MOST flyers fan I speak with don't want Pacioretty. Can we stop with these trade offers for him

Let's clarify this a bit - we dont want him at a fair price, so we dont actively seek him out. I'd happily take Max on my team, but i just have no interest in paying what he's worth on the market.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Giving Pacioretty an extension does not increase his value. Adding Lehtera from the Flyers side also does not decrease the value of what they're sending. Lehteras contract is up next off season and Philly does not need the cap space this off season they need it next.

Paviorettys value is mainly coordinated to a cap strapped team who needs a very good top 6 goal scorer. A lot of teams need this but a lot more teams need this from the right side. Can we give a rest to the Patches threads and just all pray to god he gets traded this off season so we don't turn these into pissing wars each time?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Giving Pacioretty an extension does not increase his value. Adding Lehtera from the Flyers side also does not decrease the value of what they're sending. Lehteras contract is up next off season and Philly does not need the cap space this off season they need it next.

Paviorettys value is mainly coordinated to a cap strapped team who needs a very good top 6 goal scorer. A lot of teams need this but a lot more teams need this from the right side. Can we give a rest to the Patches threads and just all pray to god he gets traded this off season so we don't turn these into pissing wars each time?

Blues dont have the pieces any... oh, sorry. Not sure what happened there.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So, as a better player than Kane, can some Canadiens' fans tell me what they realistically expect Patches contract to be, now that KAne is signed at 7x7? Cant imagine the better player takes less overall money, right?

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007

1st round pick(PHI)
Joni Lehtera
Samuel Morin
German Rubtsov

I like it from a Habs perspective - usually a pretty good indicator that the other team's fanbase won't be liking it

Are Rubstov and Morin still pretty highly regarded? Both were previous first round picks

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Something minor

1st round pick(PHI)
Joni Lehtera
Samuel Morin
German Rubtsov

Wouldn't do this deal unless it was the Blues pick that the Flyers own. The 14th or no deal.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
So, as a better player than Kane, can some Canadiens' fans tell me what they realistically expect Patches contract to be, now that KAne is signed at 7x7? Cant imagine the better player takes less overall money, right?
What is patches next contract going to be, on time will tell but probably 7.5 mil minimum.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What is patches next contract going to be, on time will tell but probably 7.5 mil minimum.

Right, i mean none of us are clairvoyants, just curious what the fanbases' thoughts are, as they are a little more intimate with him and his situation. One contract may not dictate the entire market, and their situations arent 100% similar, with Kane being younger and all, but MAx is still the better player. Curious if that contract changes the thoughhts of anyone, thats all.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I like it from a Habs perspective - usually a pretty good indicator that the other team's fanbase won't be liking it

Are Rubstov and Morin still pretty highly regarded? Both were previous first round picks

Rubtsov had a disappointing season. Morin had the season from hell; he just couldn't stay healthy. He came back for the AHL playoffs after only playing 15 or so games all year only to f*** up his knee. He's going to be recovering for up to the next 6 months.

Still, there's going to be no interest in this from the Flyers side of things. Patches doesn't have that kind of value at the moment, especially to the Flyers. If he comes back next year and paces for 30-40 goals through the trade deadline, I could see you getting a nice package for him, aka what you guys are expecting to get for him right now.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Rubstov has fallen off a bit. Morin got passed over by defensemen who were just flat out better than him. Though, to be fair to him, those defensemen all stepped in as top 4 quality D. He was going to make the NHL this year, but was playing through an injury, and didnt disclose it when he got called up because he wanted to make the NHL. Kid is a gamer, just has terrible luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad