Value of: Montreal/ Ottawa

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
We are not trading away the 1OA pick, no matter what.. No.. Please don't get into McDavid hypotheticals...

If we get the 1st, and say 4th or 5th.. Our franchise likely changes for ever..

Well forever is a big word. I’d say it would change your franchise for the next 7 years right up until the TDL where Melnyck will order his GM to trade them for futures because he does not want to pay them.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well forever is a big word. I’d say it would change your franchise for the next 7 years right up until the TDL where Melnyck will order his GM to trade them for futures because he does not want to pay them.
I have no issue with Ottawa not wanting to sign players to those long 2nd contracts that takes player past their mid 30,s...But when you draft a young core ,you need to surround it with capable players and make a push for the cup....EM has never spent past 63 million ,even at the height of the EK /Stone years...And that just doesnt cut it...

To win it takes money,not a budgets....EM needs to understand this

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
That’s what I’m saying. Doesn’t matter if it’s 3rd or 10th habs fans don’t want to trade what it would take.

Not to mention no one is going to trade 1st for a fair deal. Only for an overpayment.

For what its worth, if the Habs had say 7th overall and added Suzuki and Romanov, that would be considered an overpayment. People suggesting that those two should be added on to 3OA for Lafreniere is pretty insane.

The realistic jump from 3->1 would be an NHL ready prospect, and a pair of 2nds --- Juulsen or Fleury most likely. Lafreniere will be a great player, but he is not a center and he is not a generational talent like say McDavid.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
For what its worth, if the Habs had say 7th overall and added Suzuki and Romanov, that would be considered an overpayment. People suggesting that those two should be added on to 3OA for Lafreniere is pretty insane.

The realistic jump from 3->1 would be an NHL ready prospect, and a pair of 2nds --- Juulsen or Fleury most likely. Lafreniere will be a great player, but he is not a center and he is not a generational talent like say McDavid.

lol no one is trading down from 1 to 3 for some seconds and a meh prospect. that's laughable. I mean what incentive do they have to do that?

Typical habs fans. Now their trying to discredit the player.

1 for 3+2nd+2nd+meh prospect :laugh:

Juulsen/fleury are b prospects. Every team has prospects like that. 2nds don't have that much value especially if their mid/late second.

Not to mention you think 7+suzuki+romanov is an overpay? If I had 1st I wouldn't even do that. Sens need an elite player. Not some 2nd line players. Elite players play a big part in winning championships.

Sure you don't think he'll be that good but every hockey insider/scout is saying that. I mean you probably know so much more than them. Right? :laugh:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
lol no one is trading down from 1 to 3 for some seconds and a meh prospect. that's laughable. I mean what incentive do they have to do that?

Typical habs fans. Now their trying to discredit the player.

1 for 3+2nd+2nd+meh prospect :laugh:

Juulsen/fleury are b prospects. Every team has prospects like that. 2nds don't have that much value especially if their mid/late second.

Not to mention you think 7+suzuki+romanov is an overpay? If I had 1st I wouldn't even do that. Sens need an elite player. Not some 2nd line players. Elite players play a big part in winning championships.

Sure you don't think he'll be that good but every hockey insider/scout is saying that. I mean you probably know so much more than them. Right? :laugh:
Ah let me see what i would rather have .
Lafrenière
or
3rd OA +Suzuki+Somanov
I'll keep the 3rd and Suzuki+Romanov and try to trade down from 3rd OA to 2nd OA.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Don't ask us what we want and then tell us what we want.

You won't like the price we want .. so I guess you can look at it like .. 1st is not for sale unless you really make it worth it. And 3OA + a 2nd or later pick absolutely, emphatically does not. 3OA + a 2021 1st would be a no.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Don't ask us what we want and then tell us what we want.

You won't like the price we want .. so I guess you can look at it like .. 1st is not for sale unless you really make it worth it. And 3OA + a 2nd or later pick absolutely, emphatically does not. 3OA + a 2021 1st would be a no.
While i agree your two proposals are not enough ,only a fool would think it would take 3rd OA +Suzuki+Romanov and than we have the trolls come in and say that isn't near enough.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
While i agree your two proposals are not enough ,only a fool would think it would take 3rd OA +Suzuki+Romanov and than we have the trolls come in and say that isn't near enough.

Give Melnyk a call ,, he'd probably give you 1OA + Bobby Ryan for 3OA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad