Friedman: Montreal is one of the teams in on Pavel Zacha

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'm having trouble seeing Zacha being a good fit in Montreal... not that he wouldn't be an upgrade, just that I'm not sure he'd be worth the assets to get him at this point.

Reactions: Wats

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I think poster that mentioned Romanov was looking at Devils need not saying Zacha in a one for one trade. As most would not make that trade...They aren't a fit as trading partners imo....

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
People are funny when it comes to Zacha, he's a frustrating player but he's not a bad player.
No idea why people here think he's terrible
People are biased because he was 6OA in 2015. So he has not grown into the star people expected and he is seen as a total disappointment. If a player drafted in the 3rd round showed the same performance as Zacha they would grant him more value, which is silly. Same thing happens in MTL with Drouin, used to happen with KK.

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
1647338909759.png

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Zacha will cost more than I’d like to give up for him. I rather pass.
Indeed I don't see what the Habs would be willing to give up for him. His offensive production has been average at best since joining the NHL. Adding him a good 2-way 3rd line center?

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Pavel Zacha isn't a great player but he has assets that GM's covet (speed, size, shot, etc) and he's been scoring at a 20+ goal pace this year and last year. He won't fetch a kings ransom, we can all agree to that but he's not a worthless player either.

Heck, Habs fans are claiming that Lekhonen is worth a 1st for an undersized defensive winger who's currently on the hottest streak of his offensive career. I don't see that much difference between both players, so saying that Zacha sucks is kind of saying the same in regards to Lekhonen.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Pavel Zacha isn't a great player but he has assets that GM's covet (speed, size, shot, etc) and he's been scoring at a 20+ goal pace this year and last year. He won't fetch a kings ransom, we can all agree to that but he's not a worthless player either.

Heck, Habs fans are claiming that Lekhonen is worth a 1st for an undersized defensive winger who's currently on the hottest streak of his offensive career. I don't see that much difference between both players, so saying that Zacha sucks is kind of saying the same in regards to Lekhonen.

It's actually reported the Habs management is asking that.

Random note I wonder if Zacha and Lehkonen could be the basis of a deal.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
It's actually reported the Habs management is asking that.

Random note I wonder if Zacha and Lehkonen could be the basis of a deal.
Oh, I'm sure they are, just like Fitz is probably asking for a 1st for Zacha.

Odds are, it won't happen and we'll see a hockey trade for another player who needs a change of scenery or a package of a B level prospect and a 2nd round pick.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I'd rather wait and see how Dvorak does with St.Louis. I thought he showed flashes of being a quality player. Not really sure about Zacha, he gets a ton of icetime already so don't think it's a matter of getting a chance (ie Kotkaniemi).

Reactions: malcb33

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
This is actually a period where sellers made good deals. If Montreal realy value Zacha, they should wait until summer. The asset they would give up will be lesser.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
This is actually a period where sellers made good deals. If Montreal realy value Zacha, they should wait until summer. The asset they would give up will be lesser.
you seem to be not too familiar with zacha's last third.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
that's what everybody tells montreal fans about their ask for lehkonen.
Well, Habs fans are ok with not moving him though, so it's not an issue from our point of view. Many of use would rather keep him.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Montreal trying to trade Dvorak. Could we see an even swap?
Would give him a chance with MSL at least. He was bad with DD but so was the whole team. The team is still not 100% healthy and overall is weak but players have been playing much better with MSL so the value of Dvorak should climb (hopefully)

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Habs aren't in on Zacha. Don't want Zacha and don't need him.

They have Dvorak.

Unless Dvorak asked the team quietly to be traded then Dvo for Zacha maybe... but Zacha isn't a good player.

As per Lavoie, the team is looking to move him but time will tell. I think they give him a fair shot under MSL first.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I don't see how this makes sense for MTL but Marek mentioned it like 3 times during his show today, almost as if he's confident it's close.
Hughes is going allin on speed, Zacha fits with our core age-wise and he brings some experience. Personally i see Evans as more of a quality 4C and i don't think they'll move Dvo. A Suzuki/Dvo/Zacha/Evans C core looks solid on paper, they're all around the same age too.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Hughes is going allin on speed, Zacha fits with our core age-wise and he brings some experience. Personally i see Evans as more of a quality 4C and i don't think they'll move Dvo. A Suzuki/Dvo/Zacha/Evans C core looks solid on paper, they're all around the same age too.
If it's not Zacha for Dvorak, then what's your offer then? Lehkonen? Because the Canadiens don't have many players the Devils would be interested in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad