Friedman: Montreal is one of the teams in on Pavel Zacha

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Only thing that makes any sense to me from the NJD perspective is Romanov, but not sure if theres enough incentive there for the Habs. I dont know how the team feels about Romanov at this point.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Only thing that makes any sense to me from the NJD perspective is Romanov, but not sure if theres enough incentive there for the Habs. I dont know how the team feels about Romanov at this point.
They feel like he’s a big part of the future. He’s a 22 year old that hits like a truck and is extremely mobile. He doesn’t get moved for Zacha.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This feels more like a Draft Day/Draft Week thing than a TDL deal to be honest.

Zacha (or the upgrade from Dvorak to Zacha) will cost much more than what I'd personally offer for the guy if I was the GM of a rebuilding team for a guy who, ultimately, doesn't move the needle that much. I mean absolutely no team go from "should rebuild" to "rebuild over" after lading Pavel Zacha.

Reactions: Fenris

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
wow, delete your post. awful. makes sense to you, and no one else
Lol, relax guy. Did I say MTL would or should do it? My post was basically just saying I doubt theres a fit here.

That said, Zacha is a 24yr old, 6'3 C who has paced for over 45pts over the last 3 seasons. What do you think he will cost?
There's a strangely large portion of this board that believe fictitious proposals somehow have an impact on real life - otherwise their abrasive responses make even less sense.
It wasn't even a proposal! I just can't see Zacha being moved for far-away futures or a 2nd rounder.

Also, Romanov really isn't some special player, untouchable. He has some good tools and is a great hitter but he's no dynamo.

Last edited:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I makes no sense unless the Devils are looking for something that they over-value.

We can't trade any high end defensive prospects. We do have plenty of picks but he's not worth a first rounder and maybe a high second is enough.

Maybe the Devils may want Caufield but that is going to cost a lot more then Zacha. The Devils have many good young centers and want to add to other areas. Or maybe Zacha ask to sign is so high that the Devils prefer to trade his which will then make it the Hab's problem.

I don't know Zacha's game and I don't know how much about the Devils line-up so I will leave it to others to speculate about "value".

Maybe there is nothing there other then clickbait...or the Devils playing the trade misinformation games.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

There is no chance in hell because of need and value. We NEED Romanov and he's far more valuable then Zacha.

The trade does not make any sense because he may or may not be an upgrade to Dvorak and we have two young guys fighting for 3C in Evans and Poehling.

Maybe a trade for a draft pick, but then, why 5 young centers when we need better defense and a Price replacement.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I'm not really seeing why Montreal would be interested in the soon-to-be 25 year old middle six center. They're certainly not going to entertain giving up Romanov for him.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Dvorak for Zacha probably isn't bad, the difference in production is probably offset by one being under contract at a reasonable price for a 3C and the other a RFA that will want more $ than a 3C should make - only reason I see him being available

We'll toss in Armia for free

Reactions: Draft

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Dvorak for Zacha probably isn't bad, the difference in production is probably offset by one being under contract at a reasonable price for a 3C and the other a RFA that will want more $ than a 3C should make - only reason I see him being available

We'll toss in Armia for free

How about the fact that zacha can't play centre? A trade around the two makes zero sense for us.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lol, relax guy. Did I say MTL would or should do it? My post was basically just saying I doubt theres a fit here.

That said, Zacha is a 24yr old, 6'3 C who has paced for over 45pts over the last 3 seasons. What do you think he will cost?

It wasn't even a proposal! I just can't see Zacha being moved for far-away futures or a 2nd rounder.

Also, Romanov really isn't some special player, untouchable. He has some good tools and is a great hitter but he's no dynamo.

He might not be a dynamo but he is worlds better then Zacha . If the NHL was starting up 32 out 32 GMs would take Romanov over Zacha .

Oh and I forgot . let me know when Zacha has been an effected C . He is a left winger accounting to most NJD fans . paced for 45 points has nothing to do with anything . McDavid and Draisaitl was pacing for over 200 points at one point this season . The will end up around 120

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Zacha still has that draft pedigree. It's possible that organizations see upside with a change of scenery. How good does the Sam Bennett trade look in hindsight? He was dealt at the same point in his career (D+7).

Reactions: MNRube

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Dvorak for Zacha is a pretty good basis for a hockey trade IMO. Both teams are looking for different things. Dvorak brings that steady, defensively sound, low-maintenance type of play with a secure contract. Perfect to put behind Hischier and Hughes as you don't need to bank on him producing in a top-6 center role. Zacha might offer a bit more offensive upside, but Devils fans - I'm sure - recognize the weaknesses in his game when trying to fit him into a bottom-6 role. That's fine for the Habs as they're really looking for some more offensive punch wherever they can get it. If Devils don't want to commit long-term to Zacha, Dvorak is likely a better fit and has very similar value as a middle-6 player, but without the added uncertainty of the contract negotiations.

Reactions: kanucks25 and Forge

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
This feels more like a Draft Day/Draft Week thing than a TDL deal to be honest.

Zacha (or the upgrade from Dvorak to Zacha) will cost much more than what I'd personally offer for the guy if I was the GM of a rebuilding team for a guy who, ultimately, doesn't move the needle that much. I mean absolutely no team go from "should rebuild" to "rebuild over" after lading Pavel Zacha.
I agree it's more of a draft day type of trade. However not sure he's an upgrade over Dvorak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad