Friedman: Montreal is one of the teams in on Pavel Zacha

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Dvorak for Zacha seems like value running away for Montreal to me. If that sort of thing is on the table for Montreal, i'd be all over it from there end. Is Zacha really that frustrating for Devils fans?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Dvorak for Zacha seems like value running away for Montreal to me. If that sort of thing is on the table for Montreal, i'd be all over it from there end. Is Zacha really that frustrating for Devils fans?
dvorak used to be good

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
For most yes. For me, no. Pav has been disappointing bc of his draft pedigree and his tendency to disappear for weeks at a time. He goes on a heater where you think he's finally turning the page then disappears again. Sees himself as a C still although he's been most effective as a winger. I like him a lot but totally understand why a lot, if not the majority, of Devils fan dislike the guy. He just looks disinterested too often.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
For most yes. For me, no. Pav has been disappointing bc of his draft pedigree and his tendency to disappear for weeks at a time. He goes on a heater where you think he's finally turning the page then disappears again. Sees himself as a C still although he's been most effective as a winger. I like him a lot but totally understand why a lot, if not the majority, of Devils fan dislike the guy. He just looks disinterested too often.
Dvorak isn't that much better in that department. My guy looks like you announced him he has a day left to live after he scores a goal, no kidding.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
The last thing NJ needs is an overpriced C. He would be our 3 C at best and I don't see a reason in paying 4.5 for a bottom 6 guy.

The only pieces NJ would realistically want from MTL's roster (whether it's in a Zacha trade or not) are probably non-starters. Yes, that means Caufield, maybe Romanov.... Petry if he was 4 years younger on a shorter term contract.

Truthfully I don't see a realistic trade here that I would sit back and say "Yea, we are a better team because of this."

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The last thing NJ needs is an overpriced C. He would be our 3 C at best and I don't see a reason in paying 4.5 for a bottom 6 guy.

The only pieces NJ would realistically want from MTL's roster (whether it's in a Zacha trade or not) are probably non-starters. Yes, that means Caufield, maybe Romanov.... Petry if he was 4 years younger on a shorter term contract.

Truthfully I don't see a realistic trade here that I would sit back and say "Yea, we are a better team because of this."
I don't see Montreal giving up Caufield.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00