Montreal in the playoffs

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Would the Canadiens have had the same success in the playoffs against Tampa? I’m curious how the fans feel now about missing the playoffs, if it’s worse because they feel like they could have won or if it’s better because Columbus has clearly proven themselves to be the better team now?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They play with heart, and Price could have stolen some games. You never know in the playoffs.

But I don't think they're in the same category as Columbus. Montreal is a much smaller team than Columbus, they can't grind as well, and going end to end with the Lightning is a bad idea. The Habs roster is thinner at several positions too.

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
No way Montreal beat them. Tampa always had Montreal’s number and the Canadiens just don’t match well with Tampa. Most likely a sweep for Tampa.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
what is this? does Arizona beat calgary? who the f*** knows? on paper, no. Lots of maybes. TB doesn't seem to be match up well vs heavy teams that can skate too. They got spanked by caps late in year. Habs present different problems, but it would've required Price in God-mode. It's irrelevant now

Reactions: HabsQC

Arhidia

Jan 6, 2019
what is this? does Arizona beat calgary? who the **** knows? on paper, no. Lots of maybes. TB doesn't seem to be match up well vs heavy teams that can skate too. They got spanked by caps late in year. Habs present different problems, but it would've required Price in God-mode. It's irrelevant now
Funny these what if posts?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
No way Montreal beat them. Tampa always had Montreal’s number and the Canadiens just don’t match well with Tampa. Most likely a sweep for Tampa.

Tampa outscored the Jackets 17-3 in the regular season. Torts deserves a ton of credit for what's happening.

Reactions: mikeyp24

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Don't think Habs have the same ability to make life difficult for the Bolts and get them off their game like CBJ has. Really anything could happen, but I doubt they would be doing nearly as well.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
It's all speculative, but looking at my playoff pool it seems that few who have predicted Tampa's loss to Columbus anyway so who knows. I certainly don't think people here do.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
We might have squeezed one or two wins, but I think we would have been overwhelmed pretty quickly by Tampa.

Unless Price pulls a Halak, I doubt we could have won this one.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Mother of hypothetical threads. Would any other non-playoff team beat TB? No. Would MTL? No.

Non-playoff teams do not matter this time of year, they stay on the golf course and at the pool party until the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad