Montreal Impact Thread XXXII: vs Pachuca - 03/03/15 8:00 PM - TVA Sports & Sportsnet1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy

Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, Québec, Ca
I'm not saying the coverage is fantastic, but I find that Quebec based media did an OK. TSN however has been appalling. The news wasn't part of Sportscenter intro video and is waaaay down on the webpage... There was no journalist sent to cover the game. It's horrible. ****ing Toronto's Sports Network.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Tongue twister of the day: Try to say Alajuelense 5 times as fast a you can. The Spanish pronunciation.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Good Morning guys. Can't wait for the game today. Had a crazy dream that Cameron Porter scored the winning goal on the last kick of the game from a Callum Mallace 65 yard through ball. Like that's ever
going to happen, its the type
if thing you only see in dreams.

Allez L'Impact! Let's get a result tonighg

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Still feeling the big O shacking from the cheers after the goal. What a memorable moment.

Compares to when Poland U-20 won against Brazil in Montreal almost a decade ago. Actually, the emotion live was more powerful. Still hard to believe that whole sequence by Mallace and Porter.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
What I remember saying to myself yesterday night at the Big O on that Porter goal ...

When Mallace got that ball: Come on Callum! Not a lot of remaining time in ET, it's do or die. The only hope is Porter 50-60 yards away. Need to unleash a Paul Scholes vintage pass or it's over.

When the ball was in the air: Wow, that looks pretty good!

When the ball was in his downward path: Holy *****, that Pachuca defender will probably not be able to head the ball.

When Porter chested that ball: OMG, there's a ****ing chance to witness history.

When Porter scored between the Pachuca GK's legs: OMFG! OMFG! OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
What I remember saying to myself yesterday night at the Big O on that Porter goal ...

When Mallace got that ball: Come on Callum! Not a lot of remaining time in ET, it's do or die. The only hope is Porter 50-60 yards away. Need to unleash a Paul Scholes vintage pass or it's over.

When the ball was in the air: Wow, that looks pretty good!

When the ball was in his downward path: Holy *****, that Pachuca defender will probably not be able to head the ball.

When Porter chested that ball: OMG, there's a ****ing chance to witness history.

When Porter scored between the Pachuca GK's legs: OMFG! OMFG! OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL watching it i thought...he can't get to it, he's going to get dragged down it may be a PK, it must be offside, it's not off-side, holy **** he just slotted it in. :laugh:

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Don't want to Overhype, but that goal showed that Porter can play in the MLS

Now I'm just hoping we finally drafted one of those players who turn out to be solid MLSers..

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
When are semis tickets expected to go on sale? Are we getting the 2nd leg at the big O again?

First leg

Stupid system
DC United is 1st seed
Alajuelense is 8th seed

So regularly if we play 8th seed we should have home field advantage in leg 2 but the way it works is if 8 eliminates 1, then 8 becomes 1. So no matter what happens starting at home, finishing on the road

MTLAzzurri

Mar 2, 2013
First leg

Stupid system
DC United is 1st seed
Alajuelense is 8th seed

So regularly if we play 8th seed we should have home field advantage in leg 2 but the way it works is if 8 eliminates 1, then 8 becomes 1. So no matter what happens starting at home, finishing on the road

That's the dumbest system I've ever heard of in my life.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Sorry TDG, I ended up watching the game with friends.

The first half was very boring, but the play picked up in the 2nd half and it was entertaining.

The mexican players were flip-flopping, I'm guessing the ref will have to buy a new whistle. Burrito was ****ing annoying,every damn foul he was complaining to the ref.

Bush's hit on Cano: A+ That was AWESOME.

Ciman was great, that penalty was *********.

Porter, what a story, great great play by Mallace and Porter wins it.

Dramatic game. My guess is a lot of people became Soccer/Impact fans yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad