Montreal Impact Thread XXXII: vs Pachuca - 03/03/15 8:00 PM - TVA Sports & Sportsnet1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Just came back from the game with my little nephew. I've never experienced anything like this ever. I've seen plenty of late game winning goals in my life on TV but never one live. Lost my voice after that goal. Couldn't stop shaking too. Huge props to all the fans who stayed until the end to witness that pin point pass from Mallace and that cool finish from Porter.

I'm so happy for the entire team to start a season with a bang after that dreadful season last year. I fell in love with our CB combo of Soumaré & Ciman. You can definitely see that Ciman is going to be a rock & a leader for us! Can't wait to be there at the Big O again for those special events. Still love Stade Saputo but man, there's nothing like 38Ks cheering like that!

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
B_Oqyx4W4AEFSfq.jpg

A great picture of our hero as he was about to enter the game and make history.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Piatti is obviously not 100%, lacking speed and agility out there. Still was a threat on the counter, Pachuca's defenders definitely knew when he had the ball at his feet.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Is everyone in agreement with me when I say we can sell out the big O for the semi final?

:laugh:

It'll probably take 2 days to fill up for that game in 2 weeks. Impact are everywhere right now, people like to be part of history and that's what's going on.

This is also extra cash to get our 2 deserving designated players :yo:

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Reading twitter from about the 80th minute to now was awesome, I still can't believe it. MLS teams, MLS analysts cheering for us is great stuff!

Looks like the 1st leg will be played at the Big O March 17-19. Leduc tweeted the 18th which would be the Wednesday. I have a flag football game that night. My team better find a replacement!

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
I will need to go to MTL for the semis at some point!

It's fun to watch the highlights from when we played FAS and NYRB. Great times and those teams were so different from now!

Ouimette, Ferrari, Felipe, Di Vaio.

Just think and dare I say it, we win the darn thing and Di Vaio wakes up as a Champions League winner! Deservingly so though of course, he took us through the group stage.

MVPs so far...

Canadian Championship MVP: Mapp
Group Stage MVP: Di Vaio
Quarters: Duka/Porter
Semis: my guess is either Romero or Piatti

Edit: One more thought and to refresh my memory....we wouldn't even be in this place without a 90+7 PK goal by Bernier against FC Edmonton during the Canadian championship. Man we are lucky/battlers!

Last edited:

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I will need to go to MTL for the semis at some point!

It's fun to watch the highlights from when we played FAS and NYRB. Great times and those teams were so different from now!

Ouimette, Ferrari, Felipe, Di Vaio.

Just think and dare I say it, we win the darn thing and Di Vaio wakes up as a Champions League winner! Deservingly so though of course, he took us through the group stage.

MVPs so far...

Canadian Championship Mapp: Mapp
Group Stage MVP: Di Vaio
Quarters: Duka/Porter
Semis: my guess is either Romero or Piatti

Edit: One more thought and to refresh my memory....we wouldn't even be in this place without a 90+7 PK goal by Bernier against FC Edmonton during the Canadian championship. Man we are lucky/battlers!
Don't forget Bernier's penalty at the end of stoppage time vs FC Edmonton in front of an empty crowd because Habs were playing game 7 vs Bruins. Started from the bottom

Edit: When I hit quote, your edit wasn't there :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad