Montreal Impact Thread XXX - 'Nothing to Braz About' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
3 first picks were forwards in a draft that was supposed to be weak for forwards lol.

As I said earlier today if we were not going to pick Larin I hoped we didn't pick a striker. I guess they gave up on any plan they had to acquire a striker DP and they will go with Mac and this guy to start the season.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
They obviously targeted him long before the draft.. I guess he was they guy Braz was talking about

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/01/cyle-larin-dans-la-mire

I'm guessing the team is trying to move up. When the club itself posts articles relating to trade rumors, there's bound to be some truth to it.

3 first picks were forwards in a draft that was supposed to be weak for forwards lol.

As I said earlier today if we were not going to pick Larin I hoped we didn't pick a striker. I guess they gave up on any plan they had to acquire a striker DP and they will go with Mac and this guy to start the season.

I don't think so. In this interview, Klopas pretty much said that he thinks all the players in the superdraft will likely need some time before being able to contribute in the MLS.

If anything, Williams is more likely to be Jack Mac's replacement if he leaves after this season.

Edit : Nice that Williams is apparently on a GA deal

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
I just realized, we just drafted Romario. I'm ecstatic. Might be on the older side, but still a legend

Ah ben he's an Arsenal fan...On second thought, I love this pick :sarcasm:

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
I just realized, we just drafted Romario. I'm ecstatic. Might be on the older side, but still a legend

Ah ben he's an Arsenal fan...On second thought, I love this pick :sarcasm:

I like the pick. We need some power on the pitch, and between him and Jackson, we've got that up front for the future. And his name is frickin Romario. Can't lose ;)

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Always take the player's coach's words with a grain of salt, but interesting comments nonetheless.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...mls-romario-williams-0111-20150110-story.html

With good size and skill, Williams showed at UCF that he is both versatile and consistent. He also handled the pressure of carrying a team. Williams will most likely move out of a target role and into a winger spot in MLS, depending on which team drafts him.

"He is very good with his left and right foot can be a good attribute to play on the left wing or the right wing," Cunningham said. "Teams I have spoken to, that's where I tell them I see him. Teams have to decide for themselves how they function, but seeing Deshorn playing outside and scoring goals, getting in dangerous positions for Colorado, I see Romario the same way because he is so two-footed. He's a grown man, he's very strong. You're not getting a kid who needs to get into weight room. He's pound for pound one of strongest guys on team, squatting and power, he's good 1-v-1, quick, athletic and tough to handle because he is powerful."

68*

You little IMFC addicts. Watching a draft where 3/4 of the players will bag my groceries in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad