Montreal Impact Thread XXX - 'Nothing to Braz About' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Avec du Ciman, on est solide à l'arrière.

Slow-clap-gif.gif

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/01/cyle-larin-dans-la-mire

I'm guessing the team is trying to move up. When the club itself posts articles relating to trade rumors, there's bound to be some truth to it.

I heard Braz on TSN690 this morning and he didn't seem too amused with the idea of trading up. Even finished off the question by saying he doesn't think they'll trade up at this moment in time. Kept repeating how the team did great scouting and know that at #3 they'll be getting a great player. Seemed to indirectly say the price is too high and not worth it

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
If we don't draft Larin (which at this point seems highly unlikely we will), I hope we don't draft a striker. I don't want to hear Klopas say we will start the season with Mac and the drafted striker.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Bono wouldn't make sense though. That's what Philly did with Andre Blake and he barely played a minute this season. Probably going to be Khiry

Livestream of Draft [Not televised this year]

You go for BPA. His value is higher than Crepeau's IMO and there's always the USL Pro team or you loan him in Europe. Kid had the call up by Klinsmann. It makes him a better value.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
In my opinion Cyle Larin is over rated, and I would not touch him or move up in the draft just to select him

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
You go for BPA. His value is higher than Crepeau's IMO and there's always the USL Pro team or you loan him in Europe. Kid had the call up by Klinsmann. It makes him a better value.

I get all you're saying and agree with it, but the Impact just won't do it. They won't put him ahead of Crepeau at Montreal FC, and I can't see them drafting a player and loaning him out right away. It's just something the Impact won't do, no matter how much we wished they did.

Theoretically it's the correct thing to do, as by the time we realize Bush and Kroenberg aren't good enough, Bono would likely be ready to start. But just can't see it happening.

Issey out, Issey+3rd for 1st?

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I'd rather we don't draft Bono or this thread will be filled with U2 references every time he'll make a save.

KingRoy33

Sep 7, 2010
just bad experience with trading up and drafting Kyle Bekker :sarcasm:

Bekker a good player just had to deal with Toronto FC mismanagement under Nelson. Cyle Larin is not overrated and would help Impact significantly. Impact will go no where picking up Italian strikers past their prime ex. Gilardino etc.

NelloMello

May 10, 2013
Pierrefonds
Every year the draft gets worse and this year is no exception. It's watered down. With the growing emergence of teams having their own academies, there won't be any solid competant players to draft. We're the only league that has this type of drafting system. The American mentality i guess.

NelloMello

May 10, 2013
Pierrefonds
Bekker a good player just had to deal with Toronto FC mismanagement under Nelson. Cyle Larin is not overrated and would help Impact significantly. Impact will go no where picking up Italian strikers past their prime ex. Gilardino etc.

You don't draft strikers. Strikers are rare commodity. This is why u tag a "DP" beside a strikers name. You're either born with it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad