The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Wat-lady-tumblr.jpg

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
The "wat" edition?!

If only we could put an image as thread title. The rest of the board would hate us.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I don't remember talking about podcasts but I enjoy watching every vids that Impact media puts online

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
So looks like Saputo put a 1m down payment for Bologna, and by the sound of it, he'd own a relatively good chunk of the team. Smart investment for him. Only 18m euros (reported) for a historic italian club and stadium? Just by getting them back in Serie A and Mid-table range would probably double his investment. Hope he can make it work.

«It’s early to speak about the terms of the negotiation and my possible involvment – Mr. Saputo said – I had many options to buy a European team, but I chose to show interest for Bologna FC. I spoke to Marco Di Vaio (Montreal Impact player and former star of Bologna FC) and he had wonderful words about the city and the fans. I still need to check few things, but now I know that Mr. Merola is at our side, he shares our ideas about the Stadium restyling and wants current management to leave the club».
In English:
http://corrieredibologna.corriere.i...y-fully-supports-this-deal-230197781572.shtml

Poor Bologna fans will end up with NDS in charge over there :(

Last edited:

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
Any of you listen to podcasts about IMFC and/or MLS in general? If so, which ones are worth listening to?

I listen to a TON of podcasts.

for Impact specifically the only one is Sofiane's Soccer sans Frontiere. They do a substantial amount of Impact talk, but the show is wednesday so it's a bit awkward, they're either too late or too early about the games they discuss.
They also cover MLS more than most, with only a touch of Euro soccer.

In terms of Canadian soccer I recommend 2 Solidudes podcast, With Kevin Laramee and Duane Rollins. extensive coverage of all 3 Canadian MLS teams and the national teams, with a bit of MLS talk from a Canadian perspective. Kevin also does "off the woodworkx" every now and then, which is short but decent.

TSN FC is good as well, it's the TSN soccer crew Jason Devos, Luke Wileman and Kristian Jack. They do all 3 teams, a bit of national team when there is news, but they also have a ton of EPL, but it's all at the same time so it's easy to skip.

Coup Franc is Mlssoccer.com's official french podcast with Fred Lord and the TVA sport guys. It's mainly montreal but they do a lot of MLS-wide stuff as well.

ExtraTimeRadio and March to the Match are the 2 official MLS site podcasts. They are very good if you care about the league more generally, a lot of well informed analysis and discussion. MTTM's Matt Doyle is one of the smartest X's and O's guys on the continent.

68*

Good news: 0-0, CD FAS somehow holding the fort
Bad news: NYRB dominating possession, CD FAS' midgets can't do anything offensively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad