Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Impact de Juventus FC.

Count me in!

De Santis already has contacts with Pirlo's agent though, so that was already established. If he want THE marky name to boost soccer popualrity in Montréal, he's your #1 target, period.

Carlos Tevez or LIorente would also make a badass Marco Di Vaio replacements. :nod:

edit: Forgot to add that there's massive opportunities with the sesons not beig at the same time and Juventus academy players waiting for jobs that could be loaned to us.

Dec 2, 2010
It's gonna take a while for top Euro teams to trust NA to develop their prospects. If ManCity-NY works out, it could be the start of confidence build-up.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
Interesting supposition by sofiane :

Expansion draft + option on JackMac's contract makes him attractive to Orlando in 2015
#imfc
@TonyMarinaro @GrantNeedham

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Probably wants to attract Juve next summer to come play here a couple of friendlies the same way he did with Milan and Fiorentina a few years ago

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
It looks far from a done deal, but you gotta like how proactive LA is. They're already looking for a 3rd DP while Landon is still there.

Saputo and ND have direct contact with Juventus now, there's no reason we can't negotiate too.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Getting Pirlo this winter would be so huge for IMFC but I wonder where Piatti would be playing then. He's been pretty much our CAM for a while now.. unless Pirlo would play DM in our lineup?

Anyways, I hope IMFC's already scouting for another DP for the winter transfer window even more if they can beat the group stage of CONCACAF.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Getting Pirlo this winter would be so huge for IMFC but I wonder where Piatti would be playing then. He's been pretty much our CAM for a while now.. unless Pirlo would play DM in our lineup?

Anyways, I hope IMFC's already scouting for another DP for the winter transfer window even more if they can beat the group stage of CONCACAF.

Pirlo is a deep lying playmaker, an aging one at that. He doesn't play Piatti's position.I'm pretty certain Saputo will offer a hefty amount for what should possibly be one of his favorite players. The would market his arival like crazy, much more than LA.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
We'd need to buy him, then give him the biggest contract ever for the club... It's a significant investment.

The other problem is that we're playing with two more defensive Midfielders behind our creative trio, but Pirlo wouldn't be able at his best in this role. He'd be very good at getting long balls forward, but we'd get killed on the counter.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
We'd need to buy him, then give him the biggest contract ever for the club... It's a significant investment.

The other problem is that we're playing with two more defensive Midfielders behind our creative trio, but Pirlo wouldn't be able at his best in this role. He'd be very good at getting long balls forward, but we'd get killed on the counter.
I have no doubt Saputo would dish out the dough for the best Italian player on the planet.

I don't get what you mean by your other comment, it's the PERFECT role for Pirlo. It allows him to push the ball forward without having to run like our 3 offensive midfielders. We just need a good n.6 next to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad