OT: Montreal Impact Thread XXVII - #DeSantisADécalissé! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
One important change on the short term is that Miller should be healthy soon. That pushes Krol out and immediately makes our D better.

Getting Larea back should push Felipe out, and getting Mapp back gives us a wealth of options up front.

Damn, those injuries came at a bad time didn't they?

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Why not CR7?

3849160-4369185785-original

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Jermaine Jones ends up with the Revs.

The best part is that in order to chose who from Chicago & New England would get him, the MLS conducted a "blind draw" where Garber had two envelopes and picked one. The picked envelope would get Jermaine Jones :laugh:

tumblr_n3euq5A5gd1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
As a Sportinguista. I fully support this.

Good to know this place is filled with Sportinguistas :D

Jermaine Jones ends up with the Revs.

The best part is that in order to chose who from Chicago & New England would get him, the MLS conducted a "blind draw" where Garber had two envelopes and picked one. The picked envelope would get Jermaine Jones :laugh:

tumblr_n3euq5A5gd1smcbm7o1_500.gif

MLS needs some more transparency. This is ridiculous. But it's by design. I have to find the text I read about this earlier this week.

Edit: Voila.
http://futbolintellect.com/2014/08/intentionally-vague-the-mls-rule-book

Last edited:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Man if I was the Chicago Fire owner I would rip Don Garber a new one right about now. How the crap can this league be taken seriously by players and potential investors when a decision that has millions of dollars implications is decided with envelopes?!

Chicago was nuts for the USMNT, Jones could of made gigantic profits for them.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
The thing about this Jermaine Jones envelope thing is that it's almost certainly been the case for years now with many other signings. Even the Dempsey signings almost went that way.

This is just the first time the processes have leaked and we heard about it.

The point is all the owners are totally aware of the details. It's simply a remnant of the early years of MLS, where they did this sort of nonsense to survive. If teams actually competed for talent early on, the league would probably have folded like the NASL.

But we are in a different era now. Especially with the new TV deal, I expect the next CBA to really change things on this front.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Camara isn't the biggest of our problems but there are many better options out there. Many of the goals come from his side or a mistake that could have been easily avoided (silly faults, defensive mistakes). He will never b more than an average FB in this league.I didn't say he should leave just stated that, I am okay with Hassoun not returning

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
He has decent ability going forward. Maybe in a midfield position he could do better? He's just not that great defensively.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
I have always thought of Camara as a CDM. He can really move the ball forward albeit his average defensive ability. But with a quality CB behind him I wouldn't mind this.

I am surprised there wasn't a sign and trade a la Eddie Johnson. He didnt want to be here so we got rid of him for chump change. :p

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
Wenger scored 2 goals tonight
As soon as they leave imfc... smh

Well, to be fair till yesterday Wenger has been as huge a dissapointment for philly than he was for us. Huge potential, missed chances, etc.

19 games played, 10 started, 1041 minutes total, 4 goals 4 assists.

Jack Mack:

18 games played, 16 started, 1340 minutes total, 6 goals, zero assists.

Of Wengers 4 goals, he scored 1 his first game with philly, then went 12 games without, then 1 in July, then 5 games without then 2 yesterday.

Conclusion: I'm not complaining about the trade.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Well, to be fair till yesterday Wenger has been as huge a dissapointment for philly than he was for us. Huge potential, missed chances, etc.

19 games played, 10 started, 1041 minutes total, 4 goals 4 assists.

Jack Mack:

18 games played, 16 started, 1340 minutes total, 6 goals, zero assists.

Of Wengers 4 goals, he scored 1 his first game with philly, then went 12 games without, then 1 in July, then 5 games without then 2 yesterday.

Conclusion: I'm not complaining about the trade.

So Wenger produced 2 more goals than Jack Mac in less minutes. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad