Montreal Impact Thread XLIII - Las Venegas edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Also, Drogba was so into the game :laugh: he was sitting beside Camara and Ciman on the Saputo terrase. Sitting is an arguable term though, cause he kept jumping up during the second half while Ciman and Camara just stayed relax haha

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
Also, Drogba was so into the game :laugh: he was sitting beside Camara and Ciman on the Saputo terrase. Sitting is an arguable term though, cause he kept jumping up during the second half while Ciman and Camara just stayed relax haha

I saw Mapp sitting all the way at the end alone. I felt kind of bad for him..

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
I saw Mapp sitting all the way at the end alone. I felt kind of bad for him..

Well he prolly doesn't understand a word spoken with the French Connection.

Also, he needs to shave his head. Il a un complexe c'est évident. The giy feels rejected because of his hairdo. Go bald or go get a hair transplant. Can't be half pregnant is what I say.

68*

Guys. If St-Ambroise wants to leave for Europe do we let him go or do we offer him a DP contract hoping it's gonna convince him to stay?

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Guys. If St-Ambroise wants to leave for Europe do we let him go or do we offer him a DP contract hoping it's gonna convince him to stay?

No brainer to try and retain a player of his caliber at such a young age. So yes, I'd DP him without hesitation. Drogba will vacate his spot in max 2 years so it's not a problem.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I would not DP Oyongo either.. but I might keep him with that Target Allocation Money.. no use to waste a spot on a FB. The 3 Dps should be in the middle like Striker, CAM and DM

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
It would be a waste of money to DP a full back.

Oyongo is going to be in Europe, just a matter of time, he's said it already several times that his objictive is to move to a big league in Europe.

I heard that NYRB retained a big portion of his sale profit. Couldn't confirm it anywhere but if it's true then that was a poor piece of business.

I could see Joey buying both Oyongo and Venegas for Bologna in a couple of years.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
This Arsenal game :)

btw, the concussion protocol is an absolute joke. Giroud and Tomkins were clearly KO'ed, disgraceful they get put back in right away.

Last edited:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
You can sign Oyongo and make him a non-dp with allocation money. You don't make a fullback a DP. A centerback like Ciman, yes. A left back? Nah

You know I love you, but I have to completely disagree with you on that one. If you have a great n.9 and n.10 that aren't DPs, why would would you avoid getting help where you need it? Just because it's not a sexy DP position? It all depends on the cast you have imo.

If (example) we were 1 left back away from being contenders with an empty DP slot, than hell yeah you fill that ***** up and you go get the best left back you can find. Oyongo is versatile on the field, can play both wing back positions and has the best 1st touch on the team, if a DP tag is what is needed to keep him, I would give it to him. The same goes with Ciman obviously.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Oyongo wants to play in Europe anyway.

We should use that money to improve scouting and find another young Oyongo.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
If (example) we were 1 left back away from being contenders with an empty DP slot, than hell yeah you fill that ***** up and you go get the best left back you can find. Oyongo is versatile on the field, can play both wing back positions and has the best 1st touch on the team, if a DP tag is what is needed to keep him, I would give it to him. The same goes with Ciman obviously.

I get what you're saying, but you never wake up saying "You know what, we have a good team, but we're one right back away from winning the league" You win championships with great spines: Striker, Center Mids (Offensive/Defensive), Center Backs and Goalkeepers. The rest are what I call complimentary positions. Although they're very important to a teams functionality, they aren't as crucial. You can get away with having "solid" players at these positions and winning the championship.

Second reason is because full backs are the weakest position in world football. Its very difficult to have a world class fullback nowadays, and its very normal to have steady/stable fullbacks a la Toia. What you need to do is evaluate, will having a DP RB like Oyongo improve you significantly more than having a stable one? I dont think the investment matches the reward in such position.

And anyways, as most people said, he wants to go to Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad