Montreal Impact Thread XLIII - Las Venegas edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I know we had many chances buy so many things annoy me offensively. Our aerial crosses are useless as long as Drogba isn't there. We keep wasting the ball that way.

Many times Venegas tried a 1-2 but rarely he got the ball back.

Too many long balls

Did Klopas use his three subs? He sucks so much, even with the subs, they kept exact the same formation....

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I know we had many chances buy so many things annoy me offensively. Our aerial crosses are useless as long as Drogba isn't there. We keep wasting the ball that way.

Many times Venegas tried a 1-2 but rarely he got the ball back.

Too many long balls

Did Klopas use his three subs? He sucks so much, even with the subs, they kept exact the same formation....

Agreed on the first 3 points.

Klopas only used 2 subs tonight, but he kind of switched to a 4-1-4-1.

I would have personally brought Tissot for Miller with the last sub. Switch Oyongo to RB and Tissot LB.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Alors, "la puck, à roulait pas pour nous autres" kind of night I sense here. Will Drogba play next week as a panic move? That would screw up the fans who bought tickets for the Philly game hahahaha.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
there was no DC United fans in the usual section tonight, I thought it was kinda weird... even Seattle had a bunch of fans

void

Jan 5, 2006
Just got back from the game and I don't understand how we didn't win 5 or 6-1. SO many wasted opportunities. Same thing happened during warmup... I think out of 20 or so shots, only 1 went in. Such a joke.

Venegas is an absolute monster when it comes to making passes. The only negative I have about him is that he roams WAY too much. He rarely sticks to his position, which forces other players to cover for him.

Oyongo is easily this season's unsung hero. What an incredible player. :amazed:

Entertaining game overall but the loss really stings.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
is Montreal 127 the group of people who split from the Ultras that you guys were talking about? they're like 7 and barely make noise, why bother

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
You guys are too harsh on Miller, at least he was able to create his own chances, he didn't finish them but no one else did , not even Oduro and Duka ALONE with the goalie. And that's not the goalie being amazing thats on our own players sucking.
I rather have a guy like that that creates stuff and that will get better and that don't cost us than guys like Mallace for example (even if they play different position) whose been playing for weeks, months actually, and never got as many chances as Miller did in one game.
He s still very young he 'll get better

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Guys, on the Impact Soccer forum, a poster says that on Bernier's FB page, in the About section, it's now written 'Former Impact midfielder'. I'm at an event in Gatineau, can someone validate the info, or is it just pure BS?

And what did Klownp-ass say after the game?

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
is Montreal 127 the group of people who split from the Ultras that you guys were talking about? they're like 7 and barely make noise, why bother

No, that's a group created in the 1st or 2nd season. They started with few people, now they're much bigger. They're a bunch of hardcore fans who support UM02 from time to time during the games. Their objective is to attract people who want to be in a section with good atmosphere but don't necessarily want to chant and jump all game long. I used to sit a lot in 127 in the first 2 seasons, it's my favorite section in the stadium.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Guys, on the Impact Soccer forum, a poster says that on Bernier's FB page, in the About section, it's now written 'Former Impact midfielder'. I'm at an event in Gatineau, can someone validate the info, or is it just pure BS?

0DEgAnX.png

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Yeah I just checked and it says "former Montreal Impact player"

Weird.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
No, that's a group created in the 1st or 2nd season. They started with few people, now they're much bigger. They're a bunch of hardcore fans who support UM02 from time to time during the games. Their objective is to attract people who want to be in a section with good atmosphere but don't necessarily want to chant and jump all game long. I used to sit a lot in 127 in the first 2 seasons, it's my favorite section in the stadium.

oh I see, alright cool

void

Jan 5, 2006
The Bernier Facebook page is fake. Look at his comments on twitter.. he's not going anywhere.

Dec 2, 2010
You're done giving leeway to the 22 year old central back who has been quite solid all year? Ok...

I agree about the rest though. This team will win games with Drogba, Mapp and Ciman back in the lineup.
I've been trying to like him because he's got potential but he lacks intelligence. Gets tricked by the simplest of dribbles and from there he's never able to catch up. Without Ciman, the CBs' actual abilities get exposed.

As soon as I complained about Miller, he played very well for a fullback. Couldn't finish but his runs were very good.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
By the way, I'm curious to see how Drogba and Piatti will mesh. Nacho and Romero better distribute the ball or rhey'll get biatchslap by the big man, who won't accept ballhogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad