Montreal Impact Thread XLIII - Las Venegas edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
Soumare requested a trade because of playing time. Since the trade, he hasn't made the bench for any FC Dallas games. Injured? Or regretting the request to be traded?

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Couldn't care about Soumare anyway. Too slow, cost us in the CCL and just doesn't have the speed for the MLS. Try the NASL.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Nah Baky just isn't good enough.

No kidding, they put the number 0 on his back :laugh:

Cabrera is a machine, and good on the team for trusting him. He has a lot of great years to give us as the kid just turned 22! My only concern is that by doing a full transfer, a I think he has to come with a DP tag for 1 season, like Houston had to do with Alexander Lopez.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
No kidding, they put the number 0 on his back :laugh:

Cabrera is a machine, and good on the team for trusting him. He has a lot of great years to give us as the kid just turned 22! My only concern is that by doing a full transfer, a I think he has to come with a DP tag for 1 season, like Houston had to do with Alexander Lopez.

The season isn't over, but he doesn't have DP's quality.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
I was out of the country when the Drogba signing became official and it would seem that I missed the bus on getting his jersey from the various Evangelista locations

Does anyone know what would be my best bet to purchase said jersey (I like the Canadian flag on the old jersey)? The closest one to me is on St-Jean (West Island) but I'm willing to go anywhere

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Of course not, but if we want him there's a 1.5 mil transfer fee that comes with him, and to have a 22 year old starting center back, that's worth the DP tag for 1 season.

I believe they'll reach an agreement with River Plate to sign him without a big transfer fee. If not, then River might gladly take him back seeing his good performances with us this season.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Here's what I think the Impact have in mind for the 4 offensive positions:

Drogba/Oduro
Duka/Venegas - Piatti/Venegas - Romero/Mapp​

Jack will probably get traded.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Here's what I think the Impact have in mind for the 4 offensive positions:

Drogba/Oduro
Duka/Venegas - Piatti/Venegas - Romero/Mapp​

Jack will probably get traded.
I REALLY would like to see Venegas play the n.10 position like he did with Alajuelense. With Drogba having from 1 to 3 defenders on him, Piatti will be able to sneak in at left wing and score bunches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad