OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Thierry Henry's Magical Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Having an actual striker would make me feel 100% better about that lineup. I can live with pretty much everyone on it except him.

He's coming, maybe in a week or in two or later this month but they aren't THAT dumb to start the same striker all over. I'd hope.

But yeah confidently can say we can expect a new CF. Who? No clue.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Taider and local boy don't go well at all it's been 2 years already. Enough of that. Taider and Shamit with local guy as backup or in rotation in 442 or 4231 with Bojan at #10. You can't always play a defensive 433 lose and hope someday it'll magically work

A 3 man midfield with 1 DM hasn't worked since the conference finals, at some point you gotta let go, so 2 man Midfield with two CMs or two DMs with a CAM

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
So we're going in with the same lineup that missed the playoffs last season, minus a few vets. Got it.
But we got Henry he's worth a dozen wins just by his presence and coaching.:sarcasm:

I can remember debating with another poster. He claimed Henry will help us recruit players. I expressed my doubts.

Joey Saputo is Marc Bergevin's brother from an Italian father.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
But we got Henry he's worth a dozen wins just by his presence and coaching.:sarcasm:

I can remember debating with another poster. He claimed Henry will help us recruit players. I expressed my doubts.

Joey Saputo is Marc Bergevin's brother from an Italian father.
They better not expect him to somehow be a miracle worker. He's still mostly a rookie coach, with very little experience under his belt.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Filosa said that there's a clause in Urruti's contract that activates his option year in 2022 if he scores a total of 25 goals during his three seasons ('19, '20, '21). 21 to go.

This is hilarious.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I don't know if it's a good thing that we're linked with 20-21 yo players

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
I don't know if it's a good thing that we're linked with 20-21 yo players

Wasn't Renard known in Belgium for getting young players into the squad and then selling them later for a profit? At least we're being linked to players.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Hopefully we can sell enough of them at a big enough profit in the next few years. Then, we'd be able to either sign a big player when the team is ready to compete or take bigger gambles on top youngsters like Atlanta or Los Angeles.

At least we're finally getting rumors now. About damn time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad