OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Thierry Henry's Magical Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I GOT NUWZ

Roger Martinez leaving Club America, Genoa is on the track, but also a parallel venture between Bologna and the Impact. Genoa also got Destro on loan btw.

Nah he isn't a DP and is overrated. Would be a waste imo but then I forget its Impact. But pass on him, just a hustler who works hard with not much talent

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Translating this Tweet, it says that Roger Martinez is leaving Club America. Looks like Genoa in Serie A are interested but there is also a chance he goes througj Bologna to IMFC.

Edit: just saw that @Skip Bayless got it first.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Anything interesting from the presser?

Many things in the works, but a few things held back for various reasons (agents/mls paper work)
Is positive that Orji will be back
Negociating with ZBG and Ballou
Confirms Sagna wont be back

I think that's about it.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
ZBG-Fanni-Camacho-Raitala
Piette-Taider
Orji-Boyanne-Nacho
Urruti

Bench: Lassi, Quioto, AJH, Ballou, Shome, Corrales, Bayiha, Yao
If Nacho finds his usual form, that's a pretty decent lineup. We have a ton of wingers, but Lassi and probably Nacho are leaving this summer. Can't see Urruti upgraded right now, perhaps in the summer, but not getting my hopes up. Maybe get a depth mid and wing back in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I didn't listen to the presser but apparently Renard also said they plan to play Bayiha as a RB this year.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
ZBG-Fanni-Camacho-Raitala
Piette-Taider
Orji-Boyanne-Nacho
Urruti

Bench: Lassi, Quioto, AJH, Ballou, Shome, Corrales, Bayiha, Yao
If Nacho finds his usual form, that's a pretty decent lineup. We have a ton of wingers, but Lassi and probably Nacho are leaving this summer. Can't see Urruti upgraded right now, perhaps in the summer, but not getting my hopes up. Maybe get a depth mid and wing back in the next few weeks.

What’s decent about this lineup? Defense is pretty bad. Midfield is ok. Attack is ruined by Urruti’s presence.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think Fanni's presence in the back solidifies our entire squad. Boyan and Lassi also came late. If Taider can play more like his first year that would change a lot of things.

But I'd like another CF instead of Urruti, someone more dependable with the ball on his feet.

Quioto nor Ballou penciled in as starters on paper, and that's where they belong.

Not a lot of changes, but there were a lot of additions late last year that are there to start the season + healthy Piatti.

He is old though, and Fanni as well.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The main thing is not having Diallo and Cabrera goofing at the back dragging the entire team with them

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Having an actual striker would make me feel 100% better about that lineup. I can live with pretty much everyone on it except him.
It's my line of thinking as well. They could certainly improve the backline or the midfield, but I can live with it. The big issue is the CF.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
It's my line of thinking as well. They could certainly improve the backline or the midfield, but I can live with it. The big issue is the CF.
Especially with the CL. We have absolutely no depth at CF/ST.

And seriously it can’t be it. No help in the midfield (6/8)? No help on defense (all positions)? That would be a monumental failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad