OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Thierry Henry's Magical Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Fanni is our best CB of all time. Taider is better than Bernier, but the people made the right call. And Sagna was our best RB ever. Not even on the bench. Diop? lol

Also, love Boyan's potential, but he has done jack shit for the squad or city yet.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Fanni is our best CB of all time. Taider is better than Bernier, but the people made the right call. And Sagna was our best RB ever. Not even on the bench. Diop? lol

Also, love Boyan's potential, but he has done jack **** for the squad or city yet.

Lots of DPs in there, I feel the team tinkered with the results. Unless people remember the DPs more...

Camara deserves to be there though, Sagna played 18 months in Montréal. Camara was there for 7-8 years. I agree Sagna was better, just like Dzemaili was better than Piette, but longevity has to count too.

The one you could remove for Sagna to be on the bench would be Sebrango, but again, I only really started to follow the team in 2012 so it's hard for me to understand what impact he had before MLS this decade. I know he was a very good player for a long time pre-MLS.

Also, Katai to LAG on a TAM deal. He's a good MLS winger, nice pickup for them.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Lots of DPs in there, I feel the team tinkered with the results. Unless people remember the DPs more...

Camara deserves to be there though, Sagna played 18 months in Montréal. Camara was there for 7-8 years. I agree Sagna was better, just like Dzemaili was better than Piette, but longevity has to count too.

The one you could remove for Sagna to be on the bench would be Sebrango, but again, I only really started to follow the team in 2012 so it's hard for me to understand what impact he had before MLS this decade. I know he was a very good player for a long time pre-MLS.

Camara wasn't always a starter. or healthy for that matter. Sagna was an undisputable #1 and a better player than Camara.

Sebrango didn't do much this decade, he was our Nacho before the entry to MLS. That one I don't get as well.

There's people even calling for Biello, so it gives you a hint of the mind frame of a certain part of the public. Reading comprehension is at its lowest.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Camara over Sagna? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: He was so bad at RB that Toia had to play there and he was a better CB

No Dzemaili or Taider with Sebrango someone no one knows in MLS? What the, obvious agenda there...

Mapp over Silva is debatable

My Starting XI
Drogba Di Vaio
Piatti Dzemaili Taider Mapp
Oyongo Ciman Fanni Sagna

Bench; Rivas, Silva, Bernier, Oduro, Donadel, Camara

altho Rivas was dominant whenever he played let me switch him for Ferrari or Cabrera

EDIT . Ok it WAS VOTED BY FANS. MAKE SENSE. Pointless to debate.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

No.... If longevity has to count then may as well put Mallace in there on the bench. Doesnt matter how long Sagna played in Montreal he is 4X the player Camara was. If you make a starting XI you have to pick the best players available in terms of stats not the ones you only like because they represent Montreal more. Speaking to that Impact Twitter page admin, I doubt they watched games.

Lol Nesta, one of all my all time favorites but he has no business being there....

Even Bojan is on the bench he played like 8 games:facepalm:

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Camara wasn't always a starter. or healthy for that matter. Sagna was an undisputable #1 and a better player than Camara.

Sebrango didn't do much this decade, he was our Nacho before the entry to MLS. That one I don't get as well.

There's people even calling for Biello, so it gives you a hint of the mind frame of a certain part of the public. Reading comprehension is at its lowest.

134 games in 6 MLS seasons, that's an average of 22 games per season. If you take out the 9 game season where he was injured, it goes up to 25 games on average in 5 mostly healthy seasons. That's a lot of games. For instance, Sagna played 26 games in 2019. In my book, 25 games out of 34 qualifies you as a starter... Especially if you factor in the Canadian cup/CCL games.

I believe Camara played all the MLS playoffs games of the decade. All in all he played in 186 games in the decade for the Impact, 134 in MLS reg. season, 14 in Voyageurs, 9 in CCL and 7 in playoffs.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
134 games in 6 MLS seasons, that's an average of 22 games per season. If you take out the 9 game season where he was injured, it goes up to 25 games on average in 5 mostly healthy seasons. That's a lot of games. For instance, Sagna played 26 games in 2019. In my book, 25 games out of 34 qualifies you as a starter... Especially if you factor in the Canadian cup/CCL games.

I believe Camara played all the MLS playoffs games of the decade. All in all he played in 186 games in the decade for the Impact, 134 in MLS reg. season, 14 in Voyageurs, 9 in CCL and 7 in playoffs.

Played 78 games as a RB.

He was subbed off way too often for injury, even in his healthiest seasons. 15 times subbed off with 50 or less minutes played, and countless others... As a defender that's way too much to be called durable.

And he wasn't that great of a defender neither..but I guess that's how average the recruitment was until Sagna came along.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Played 78 games as a RB.

He was subbed off way too often for injury, even in his healthiest seasons. 15 times subbed off with 50 or less minutes played, and countless others... As a defender that's way too much to be called durable.

And he wasn't that great of a defender neither..but I guess that's how average the recruitment was until Sagna came along.

You value quality over longevity, I get that. We'll just agree to disagree...

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
You value quality over longevity, I get that. We'll just agree to disagree...

Like I said, I agree with the nomination of Bernier over Taider or Dzemaili. I'm also okay with no Silva mention at all even if he was our best RW.

So I get that it's not all about quality or the "name". But I take Sagna's pedigree and performance over Camara's performance and matches played. To me Camara was always a default RB because we were weak at the position (he was also put there because of his inconsistency at CB).

But in the end who really cares, at least it was a popular vote. Had it been the club doing it, it would've been a big blunder not to have Sagna at least on the bench.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It's not like we had a ton of options to choose from at every positions. We would have more options for the worst XI than the best one.

Camara and Sagna were almost the only "legit" RBs we have had. I can't remember anyone else.

At CB, we had Ciman for like 2 years, Ferrari, Nesta and Fanni.

At LB, Lovitz, Oyongo and Toia? I can't remember someone worthy before that. Toia was a good warrior but had no skills offensively

At 6, Bernardello and Piette, easy choice.

At 8, Taider, Bernier and Dzemaili who didn't stay long anyway

At 10, ... lol.

At LW, did we have anyone else aside from Piatti? Lassi excluded

At RW, Mapp and Silva. All those ankles broken from Mapp dribbling/cutting inside!!!

At 9, Drogba and Di Vaio easily. Everyone else su****

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Nike concepts are always the best

ENOVf6RXYAEYLMT

Reactions: TRG

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
It's not like we had a ton of options to choose from at every positions. We would have more options for the worst XI than the best one.

Camara and Sagna were almost the only "legit" RBs we have had. I can't remember anyone else.

At CB, we had Ciman for like 2 years, Ferrari, Nesta and Fanni.

At LB, Lovitz, Oyongo and Toia? I can't remember someone worthy before that. Toia was a good warrior but had no skills offensively

At 6, Bernardello and Piette, easy choice.

At 8, Taider, Bernier and Dzemaili who didn't stay long anyway

At 10, ... lol.

At LW, did we have anyone else aside from Piatti? Lassi excluded

At RW, Mapp and Silva. All those ankles broken from Mapp dribbling/cutting inside!!!

At 9, Drogba and Di Vaio easily. Everyone else su****

How dare you forget the midfield presence at RB? :sarcasm:

LB we also had Brovsky who was a Toia-like warrior, no offense but really steady defensively.

LW you could add Romero I guess, although he played mostly on the right because of Nacho. Duka wasn't bad either before he left for some unknown reason. He was clutch in the 2015 CCL.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Nike concepts are always the best

ENOVf6RXYAEYLMT

that may look good up close, but I don’t dig it further than 10 meters away. Just look at last year’s PSG home jersey, has the same middle

i’d like them to incorporate some white in it. The primaries that started last year are way too black

I always dug France’s kit. With black socks it’d be perfect. Something like the following, minus the horizontal jersey stripes :

e7428038259515.575ab66e505e9.jpg

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
What a **** mercato if we only get back the loan players from last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad