OT: Montreal Impact Thread - Thierry Henry's Magical Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Easy stats to show yourself off to other clubs + less complicated to transfer out of the league than MLS.
Definitely the latter. Kid wants to play in Europe not get stuck in the MLS. Could be the first big transfer out of the CPL as well

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Easy stats to show yourself off to other clubs + less complicated to transfer out of the league than MLS.

It's not really that complicated to transfer out of the league. Maybe it costs more to buy an MLS player than a CPL one, but it's certainly not more complicated than to buy a player from any other league.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Lololol this team. I'm back and still the same shit. Lost major interest but thought I'd say this :

Columbus lost Higuain and replaced him with Zelarayán
SKC signs Alan Pulido, probably one of the best Liga MX forwards
Vancouver going the same route.
Toronto going after one of Bruma/Bergwijn

None of those teams are in CL, Yet, Gilmore goes publicly saying they won't sign no more TAM/DPs while Piatti may leave? Just. Let. Him. Go. No wonder they didn't know who Gilmore was, joke of a president.

There are plenty of LWs of who will do as good.
Max Gradel, Cecilio Domínguez, Enner Valencia, Ibargüen, maybe Chadli. Miss me with the 'transfers are hard' Gradel is playing for a team that is gonna get relegated and a better player to Piatti for cheaper. It took me 2 minutes to find them in my head, I'm sure they can do better than me with computers.

I'll be back when they bring in someone serious.

Reactions: JayKing

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
It's not really that complicated to transfer out of the league. Maybe it costs more to buy an MLS player than a CPL one, but it's certainly not more complicated than to buy a player from any other league.
MLS clubs tend to be more clingy towards transfers out. Because it's complicated to get them to join in the first place. Big reason why is that MLS teams don't get the full valuation of an outgoing transfer since MLS takes a cut as well, unless it's a youth player. What a ripoff

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Count me among the people who have zero desire to have him on the club. He's small (bad), very aggressive in a bulldog like way (good) but a black hole with the ball on his foot (very bad).
Exactly, but I find it funny because hes already been badly exposed for his deficiency technically. Renard and Henry were pressured and never got to see him. nyway Potato will struggle big time to the point he will play as CB where he belongs. Bookmark it.

I'm just glad my love for the team isn't the same because they won't make playoffs till hes a starter and I've said it for 3 years. Look what happened..

He should be a politician in his after career because its astonishing how he has everyone (or nearly) fooled for being a professional player:laugh:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm watching Liverpool - Monterrey right now and the Mexican players are flopping after every little contact. I'm already p***** about the next Concacaf tournament.

:thumbd:

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I'm watching Liverpool - Monterrey right now and the Mexican players are flopping after every little contact. I'm already p***** about the next Concacaf tournament.

:thumbd:
I get what your saying but just because they are a Mexican team doesn't mean it's all Mexicans. There are 3 or 4 in the 11. Most of the floppers are South American and Shaqiri

Reactions: ArtPeur

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
MLS clubs tend to be more clingy towards transfers out. Because it's complicated to get them to join in the first place. Big reason why is that MLS teams don't get the full valuation of an outgoing transfer since MLS takes a cut as well, unless it's a youth player. What a ripoff

I guess for the teams that transfer non-academy/homegrown players it can be annoying. But I'm pretty confident most transfers out will be for academy-developed players in the future. One of the teams that does the most transfers out, Dallas, usually sells youngsters. Same for Vancouver or NYRB. I personally don't think transferring from the CPL vs. MLS is that much easier...

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Exactly, but I find it funny because hes already been badly exposed for his deficiency technically. Renard and Henry were pressured and never got to see him. nyway Potato will struggle big time to the point he will play as CB where he belongs. Bookmark it.

I'm just glad my love for the team isn't the same because they won't make playoffs till hes a starter and I've said it for 3 years. Look what happened..

He should be a politician in his after career because its astonishing how he has everyone (or nearly) fooled for being a professional player:laugh:

Yeah I'm certain Henry and Renard have not watched a minute of Piette's game tapes. They signed a blank check with the cheese money. Who cares anyway, right?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Yeah I'm certain Henry and Renard have not watched a minute of Piette's game tapes. They signed a blank check with the cheese money. Who cares anyway, right?
Tapes ?

Of what ? Him backpassing to Rudy & Evan? Doesnt matter anyway, won't make the playoffs till he's the starting DM. I doubt chances against Saprissa now.

Here is a Tape of a good DM on Fire that got the attention of an Europa League team like Aek.

Potato makes me miss Arregui and Donadel whom I didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad