OT: Montreal Impact Thread - CONCACAF'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Anyone of you play Fifa mobile and wanna get smoked by me?

This is my original starting XI, only team in the history to have players from all continents.

Not being biased or nothing but Vlachodimos gotta be the most underrated GK in the world. Cyprien = GEM (in real life). I didn't know who he was before but great future.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Anyone of you play Fifa mobile and wanna get smoked by me?

This is my original starting XI, only team in the history to have players from all continents.

Not being biased or nothing but Vlachodimos gotta be the most underrated GK in the world. Cyprien = GEM (in real life). I didn't know who he was before but great future.

Sike this is now my team

And my B Team

the battle between Borré & Thuram, 2 great players destined for a high caliber career. Cyprien now the elite box-to-box. Munoz just transfered to Genk. Wanyama dominating as usual

So if anyone wanna test me or play that game say so, tell me which team you want me to use to get beaten by me.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
He will most likely stay in Europe.

Possible but Cavani is done, lost a step, fragile, terminado. I don't see any serious CL team going after him. I saw parts of his latest Uruguay game, he did score a goal but he moved differently than before. I don't know who is more than done between him and Suarez. His body left him 2 years ago.

Anyway, his place is in Miami unless he wants to play boring Europa or stay on a bench. he is a Smart guy though...

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Possible but Cavani is done, lost a step, fragile, terminado. I don't see any serious CL team going after him. I saw parts of his latest Uruguay game, he did score a goal but he moved differently than before. I don't know who is more than done between him and Suarez. His body left him 2 years ago.

Anyway, his place is in Miami unless he wants to play boring Europa or stay on a bench. he is a Smart guy though...
Apparently Roma want to sign him to a 3 year deal and Atletico were after him on a 2 year deal if he cut his salary in half, so I really don't see him leaving those opportunities for Inter Miami. Especially with the way the US has been handling the virus so far. If he was signing with them, it'd be done by now so they could have him ready for MLS' mickey mouse tournament.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

Le grand retour de l’Impact et de la MLS à TVA Sports

L’Impact ne commente pas les cas de COVID-19

''Questionné à ce sujet lundi matin, un porte-parole de l’Impact a indiqué que depuis le début de la crise sanitaire, le club avait décidé de ne pas révéler si, oui ou non, des joueurs de son camp avaient reçu un diagnostic positif. Il a toutefois rappelé que depuis la reprise des entraînements au Centre Nutrilait, tous les joueurs et membres du personnel sur place subissent un test les lundis, mercredis et vendredis, et que leur température est prise chaque jour, dès leur arrivée au complexe d’entraînement.''

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Armchair Analyst where every MLS team stands with their No.9

''Bojan Krkic? Maxi Urruti? Other? – Montreal Impact (Team Commitment Level = Ever-changing + Expectation Level = Chaos): Thierry Henry's got a team and a roster in flux. Thus far, between MLS and CCL play, they've taken the field five times. In four of them they've played a 5-4-1, with Krkic as a false 9 twice, Urruti as a true-ish 9 once and Anthony Jackson-Hamel as a true target forward once. One time they played a 3-5-2 – that came in their only outing with newly arrived DP d-mid Victor Wanyama – with Urruti up top with Romell Quioto. That also happens to be the only game of the five they've lost. If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Urruti and Krkic getting multiple run-outs together as a striker pairing in that 3-5-2, even if it ends up looking more like a 5-3-2. But there are a half-dozen wingers on this team who get benched by that formation, and it's not like Bojan or Urruti have the scoring records in MLS or elsewhere to justify building the lineup around them. It's a weird roster. Everything's in play.

''Other Options: Jackson-Hamel is a true target forward who's never been consistent enough to earn starter's minutes, and Quioto, as mentioned, can play as a second forward. I suppose guys like Lassi Lappalainen and Orji Okwonkwo can as well, though we haven't seen it yet.''

''Anyway, did I mention that Montreal have a DP slot open? You should know that: Montreal have a DP slot open. That's why they're in this bucket.''

MLS is Back Tournament mega preview: How all 26 clubs are shaping up

''The biggest story of Montreal’s offseason was the hiring of Thierry Henry as head coach after a third straight playoff-less season. But it also came with some question marks, given the former New York Red Bulls striker struggled at Monaco during his managerial debut. Any concerns have been assuaged so far, with Henry pushing Montreal into the Concacaf Champions League quarterfinals and beginning the MLS campaign with a bang.''

''Weeks 1 & 2: Fueled by their CCL success, Montreal had a 1W-0L-1D record in MLS play before the season was suspended. It started with a 2-1 win over New England at the Stade Olympique that included a splendid Maximiliano Urruti chip over Matt Turner to snag three points. Urruti stayed red-hot with a brace during a 2-2 draw at Dallas in Week 2, though Montreal were left disappointed after surrendering a two-goal lead.''

''Early MVP: If you picked Urruti as your early-season MVP for the Impact, please stand up. Odds are that few anticipated that the Argentine striker would have three goals through two games — he had four all of last season — but he raced out to lead the Impact’s attack.''

''Projected XI: (3-4-2-1, left to right): Diop, Waterman, Binks, Fanni, Corrales, Wanyama, Piette, Brault-Guillard, Bojan, Taider, Urruti

''Tournament Prospects: Montreal surprised plenty of neutrals during the season’s early goings, so the pause came at an inopportune time. Although that presents a challenge, the Impact could be an underdog side for a knockout-round run. Seeing Toronto FC in their Group C should provide some sparks, along with a rematch against the Revs.''

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The Luis Binks Interview (Mount Royal Soccer)

''I didn’t want to take that risk of maybe... I’d rather come and play men’s football be guaranteed to train with them every day, and hopefully if I train well, I’ll play. So coming to Montreal was a better option for me, I felt. It wasn’t a decision I made overnight. So I had a few months, maybe a few years... I thought I want to play first-team football as soon as possible.''

''But I think coming here it was a good chance for me to learn from the manager. The manager was a massive, massive reason as to why I’ve come here. And obviously the squad that’s here. There’s some big names like Bojan when I first arrived, and Rod Fanni a centre-back, who’s someone that’s played at the top I can learn from.''

''When I decided to come here I saw comments saying: Oh, he’s gone to that league. It’s a league where players go to retire. Pick up some easy end of career money, have a good life and so on. Some players do... But I was surprised how intense things are here and how professionally it is run. Because when I was coming out here, people were saying: It’s not going to be professional. I'd say Montreal Impact is as professional as what I was getting in the youth team at Tottenham, if not better. I'd say that Europeans who are less complimentary about MLS probably don’t watch it and sometimes you feel like saying. Well, hold on, have you ever watched an MLS game?''

''It’s much more intense. Since I’ve come here, I’ve definitely become a lot fitter and filled out more. I think I’ve had to because I came on against Philadelphia in pre-season and I was only on the pitch 20 mins, and I could just tell. I knew after that game I needed to get a lot bigger and a lot stronger. So I went away and I worked at that, because some of the strikers I’ve had to mark in the first four games I’ve played in are big men, and it’s a lot different to 23’s. But it’s a good challenge and one I think I’ve dealt with quite well.''

''Yeah, I can’t wait to go and play football again. Obviously Florida isn't ideal. It’s not what any of us want to be doing, but if it means to get back to playing quickly it’s what we gotta’ do and hopefully when that tournament’s over we’ll be able to play in our market with some fans.''

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Apparently Roma want to sign him to a 3 year deal and Atletico were after him on a 2 year deal if he cut his salary in half, so I really don't see him leaving those opportunities for Inter Miami. Especially with the way the US has been handling the virus so far. If he was signing with them, it'd be done by now so they could have him ready for MLS' mickey mouse tournament.

That rumor has been debunked by RomaPress. They said it was bogus and his wages would be too high. Atletico earlier said no thanks... so yeah

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#ConferenceZoom:ThierryHenry

«Pour moi, les matchs à huis clos ça ne change rien. Mais je peux vous dire qu'il y'avait pas mal de victoire à l’extérieur (Bundesliga, Liga, etc..). En tant que coach, on doit s'adapter à toutes les situations.»

«Il va avoir beaucoup de changements de joueurs durant les matchs. Peut-être que la formation partante du 1er match ne sera pas la même pour le 2eme... Le groupe est bien préparé est prêt pour débuter le tournoi. C'est une bonne nouvelle d'avoir cinq changements au lieu de trois. En Floride, il fera très chaud et les joueurs n’auront pas joué depuis un très long moment.L'esprit d’équipe est au beau fixe.»

«Nous avons eu des cas de pépins (deux ou trois) au niveau physique. Mais à l’heure actuelle, le groupe est bien en général. L'équipe est prête pour défendre les couleurs du club.»

«Pas de match de préparation, le premier match sera celui du tournoi.»

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

upload_2020-6-30_16-10-54.png

upload_2020-6-30_16-12-18.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad