OT: Montreal Impact Thread: 2021 2012 1992 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

I dont think he's wrong

I could understand, however the fact that it happened now few weeks prior to start of the season makes me suspicious. He knew about this weeks and months ago. I'm not blaming him, I'm just questioning the official reason he is leaving which the club is trying to make us believe.

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
See what happens when you keep someone against their will Gilmore ? You should've just accepted whatever Bournemouth was offering idiot now you are deemed as difficult to work with

Oh I'm speculating but I know for a fact this is what happened.

Well, what you are showing here is that MLS has more growth potential revenue-wise than the NHL... and that's true. You are also arguing popularity when the real metric is $. In that metric MLS is behind the NHL (but will be in front soon enough).

Yes and no. Nhl is more profitable because it's a 100 years old that is no question but it terms of influence (population's POV on their respective hockey/soccer club) in a vast majority of US market soccer takes the cake. It's hard to explain but I get what Dipietro was saying

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I wish Henry had made his mind up earlier, the timing is just really bad team wise. I guess they'll have to look at a fairly long internal interim solution for now and just hope all the new players will figure stuff out themselve for the most part. It's just never simple and easy with this organization is it ? :facepalm:

Reactions: ArtPeur

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I wish Henry had made his mind up earlier, the timing is just really bad team wise. I guess they'll have to look at a fairly long internal interim solution for now and just hope all the new players will figure stuff out themselve for the most part. It's just never simple and easy with this organization is it ? :facepalm:

Rebranding was lipstick on a pig. An ugly lipstick.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Wilfried Nancy will be interim.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

EvFWpZjXEAoi_5V

EurOConnEcton

Feb 17, 2008
Montreal
2-3 weeks before the season starts ... This is a big joke. His reasoning was valid but he could of warned the team and done this months ago. Very unprofessional on his part and put us in a horrible position to start the season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
2-3 weeks before the season starts ... This is a big joke. His reasoning was valid but he could of warned the team and done this months ago. Very unprofessional on his part and put us in a horrible position to start the season.

I think that once he didn't get the gig in Bournemouth, his decision was made to leave.

Months ago, he was most probably not considering leaving. But when Bournemouth came along, he probably started to seriously look at the possibility that he'd be close to his kids. And that was maybe when he said to himself that even if he didn't get the gig, he'd rather stay in England to be close to family.

That's a complete guess on my part on how it went down.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Sorry, outsider here but an MLS fan. Having to play in the US again isn't exactly breaking news. It seems like something else set this off?

HHHJM

Jun 29, 2018
A firing at Monaco and a half-finished project in Montreal does not bode well for his next step, but who knows? The name itself carries a lot of weight. I'm sure a Championship team will give him the reigns eventually. Maybe Birmingham or Blackburn.

Reactions: JayKing

HHHJM

Jun 29, 2018
or he can go back in the media and make a shit ton of money.

Absolutely, but does he want to be Gary Neville 2 and be a laughing stock for his shitty managerial career? We'll see. I think he'll manage again after the pandemic is over. I'm sure he doesn't wanna be seen as a failed manager.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I think the reality didn’t set in until now and let’s be real if we think the impact knew for months they would play in Florida, were being crazy.

you’d better believe that they were pushing behind the scenes for them to be allowed to travel as are the raptors and the jays and the other mls teams.

this isn’t a scenario where you give up early and there’s a reason it hasn’t been decided where they’ll play. They’re pushing.

The man lived in a hotel with one other player, guys I’m home alone almost all day and my cats keep me sane. I understand this man’s struggles. The prospect became real and it consumed him, life is meant for living.

Reactions: ArtPeur and JtotheC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->