Montreal Impact Thread 16.0 - The "Canadian Champions edition" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Di Vaio said on RDS that the problem is not the defence, it's the attitude of the team.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I dont understand why Smith isnt being played more often. He's clearly a player with all the tools to become a very good winger.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
I dont understand why Smith isnt being played more often. He's clearly a player with all the tools to become a very good winger.

+1. They stopped playing him in U21/Reserve games cause he beasted his first 3 games. But now hes basically sitting on the bench and subbing when hes more than capable of starting.

I expect Smith and Pisanu to both start on the flanks this weekend though. Chivas are **** and we're at home

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Interesting note: the goal Romero got at 23 seconds was only the fifth-fastest goal from the start of a match in MLS history. Here are the other four:

SECS PLAYER DATE MATCH RES
11 Dwayne De Rosario 09/27/2003 SJ vs DAL W 5-2
16 Conor Casey 04/04/2009 COL at LA W 3-2
19 Jose Cancela 06/25/2005 NE vs MET W 4-2
22 Giovanni Savarese 03/28/1999 NE at MIA L 1-2

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Too complacent? They think they are too good? Did MDV elaborate a little? (I turned off the TV right after the game, gotta go to be, I get up at 5h20 tomorrow morning).
Didn't hear the interview but I would guess underestimating teams and not playing to their potential vs those weaker teams.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Smith will get his time. he's still a rookie. they should trade wenger for a young midfielder / defender with speed and sign paponi immediately beyond this season.

they definitely took TFC lightly and they better get their head's out of their *****. they play another poor team on sunday.

these were the games that should've helped them pull away in east

void

Jan 5, 2006
Too complacent? They think they are too good? Did MDV elaborate a little? (I turned off the TV right after the game, gotta go to be, I get up at 5h20 tomorrow morning).

He said that it's not normal that a team needs to concede a goal or two before they start reacting. He said that things need to change.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Its nice to comeback and get a point but in the big picture we should have won the last two games against extremely weak teams. Still are in a good position so lets hope its just a fluke.

Riverside Habs Fan

Dec 23, 2006
Montreal
Three observations:

I don't understand why IMFC is trying to force players like Arnaud (tonight) and Felipe (a few weeks ago) on the wings? IMFC has the depth this year to have natural wingers (or wide midfielders if you want to call them that) play every game. Even if they are not the best players available they know what they are doing. I don't understand the logic behind forcing these guys to play out of position.
I know everyone has a big ego but there a lot of games to play, especially with the Voyageurs Cup and now the Champions League - hopefully playoffs (knock on wood). This isn't the youngest team in the world and I would prefer to sit a player once and a while.

2. The defense (primarily central defense) is starting to lose a lot of aerial balls than a few weeks ago. I am not sure if this is complacency or over confidence, but it is a worrying trend. Ferrari and Nesta are really good in the air but they are starting to lose more balls than a few weeks ago.

3. Love Bernier - he is awesome - should be the captain in my opinion but I think he needs a night off. Warner is good enough to come in and give him a night off, and he looked really good tonight.

My ramblings.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Smith will get his time. he's still a rookie. they should trade wenger for a young midfielder / defender with speed and sign paponi immediately beyond this season.

they definitely took TFC lightly and they better get their head's out of their *****. they play another poor team on sunday.

these were the games that should've helped them pull away in east

Why would you trade Wenger? We need at least 3 strikers, Wenger provides good depth but Paponi is clearly better than him at this point. I'm surprised Wenger hasn't been tried on defense yet. If anyone's going to be traded I think it will be Nyassi for help either in midfield or on defense.

Now that it's almost clear that Rivas is not coming back, I think Brovsky should be converted to CB and we should acquire a legit starter at LB.

Campoozmstnz

May 27, 2013
It's been said and resaid, but Arnaud just can't play at the same level as the others. He shouldn't be a starter.

The Impact might give us exiting games, but come playoff time, the lack of solid defensive play will bring them down. They have to address this ASAP.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Our defense has become a joke since we started using 4-4-2. I've said it before, on home games it's ok to use 4-4-2 but on away games it's better to play 4-2-3-1, specially with a slow defense.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Why would you trade Wenger? We need at least 3 strikers, Wenger provides good depth but Paponi is clearly better than him at this point. I'm surprised Wenger hasn't been tried on defense yet. If anyone's going to be traded I think it will be Nyassi for help either in midfield or on defense.

Now that it's almost clear that Rivas is not coming back, I think Brovsky should be converted to CB and we should acquire a legit starter at LB.

because i think Wenger has 0 finish. convert him into a LB then

MontrealYul

Mar 29, 2012
We played terrible in the first half. We have to be a lot stronger defensively if we want to go far in the Champions League.
Oh well....TFC choked again.

Btw, is it me or Bernier is having a hard time since a few games?

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal

Guys i dont worry that much about the fact we sometimes dont play to our level for example LA last year played roller coaster for the whole half season... but they upgraded... and evetually won the championship with some ease ..its useless to play the season and win each game.. of course as fans we want that.. we hate to lose or tie teams we should have won.. but its just 2 mls seasons games... we beat them 6-0 last time we scored so quick... and yet we tied them at the end... this is caracter is developped through adversity not while a walk in the park... i think its positive that our cold streak we should have still end up almost winning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad