Montreal fighting for a playoff spot

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Yes, but if Montreal had been semi decent on the power play, we'd probably be not only the best team in league, but flirting with history as one of the best regular season teams of all time. LA is good, and probably better than their record would indicate, but they're still overrated and nowhere near being a favourite.

PP still exist in the playoffs. Being bad at it will probably carry on in the POs.

4on4 OT and Shootout? That side show suddenly doesn't matter anymore.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
I'm not discrediting the accomplishment, they played amazing but to say they went on a murderous run is foolish, they didn't dominate they played well when it mattered
You misunderstood me. I didn't mean that the Kings "murdered" their opponents last year. I meant that the Kings had a ridiculously HARD road to the SCF last year, possibly the hardest trip to the final in recent memory. Sharks, Ducks, defending champ Hawks. That trip would've murdered a lesser team. Only a battle-hardened former Cup champ could've survived that gauntlet. The Canadiens certainly wouldn't have.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
You misunderstood me. I didn't mean that the Kings "murdered" their opponents last year. I meant that the Kings had a ridiculously HARD road to the SCF last year, possibly the hardest trip to the final in recent memory. Sharks, Ducks, defending champ Hawks. That trip would've murdered a lesser team. Only a battle-hardened former Cup champ could've survived that gauntlet. The Canadiens certainly wouldn't have.

Maybe, maybe not. Until the game get played, there is no winner.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
These rankings are fun but they always forget the guy in the net. If he's allowing a goal less than your opponent on most nights, you can throw all these stats out of the window. We all know that's what Carey has been doing all year. He's wearing the same jersey as his teammates though. S'all that matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad