Proposal: Montreal-Edmonton

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
" some time on the 2nd PP"?
Funny.
The dude had 50% of his points on the PP
With so much PP time and 18 mins a night you call him a 3rd liner?
You guys got fleeced. Yzerman pumped up Drouin and took Canadiens to the cleaners
Getting fleece is trading Hall for Larson or even worst Eberle for Strome. now that's what i call getting taken to the cleaners.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Getting fleece is trading Hall for Larson or even worst Eberle for Strome. now that's what i call getting taken to the cleaners.

I agree. Montreal and Edmonton GMs should be fired and never heard from again.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Zen is back. No G.M. in his right mind would offer up Drouin and unprotected first for RNH. Never in the universe is a 2nd line center worth that. You keep RNH and we'll gladly hang on to our player.

Drouin and an unprotected first is entirely too much, we're on the same page there at least.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'd consider that if the unprotected 1st comes from the Oilers .Not the Habs.

And that's most likely because of asset management.
That would be like me wanting something of Talor Hall's value for Adam Larsson.
It makes no sense.
He doesn't have that value in the league.
He had that value to the Oilers when that trade was made because our blueline had more holes than Swiss cheese.

When Montreal traded for Drouin they had this idea in their heads that they were trading for a 1st line center, but it turns out that they were trading for a top 2 left winger instead because Drouin isn't a great center in the NHL.

If Edmonton is trading for Drouin they aren't looking for a center.
If Hopkins is out of the door McDavid and Drai are without a doubt Edmonton's top 2 centers.
If Hopkins is out the door and Drouin is coming in Edmonton is obviously looking at Drouin as a top 2 LW.
If Drouin has good chemistry with McDavid then he's a #1 LW. If Lucic is more effective on McDavid's line then Drouin is a #2 LW.

Like it or not Hopkins would be Montreal's #1 center. He'd without a doubt be playing more minutes than any other center on your team because he's good in all situations in all 3 zones.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

sounds like you've never watched the Oilers play before.
Hall had horrible chemistry with his teammates up until Drai's 2nd season.
Hall's selfishness cost us more goals than it got us and I hadn't seen such pathetic blueline depth in the NHL in 20 years.
Hall for Larsson made sense then and it still makes sense now.
Hall back checked almost as seldom as Gretzky dropped the gloves.

Take that trade back now and Edmonton has Hall playing with either McDavid or Drai or Hopkins but on the flipside Benning is their only right handed d-man and their blueline looks like this:

Klefbom-Russel(lefty) - Nobody can pass the puck. Both can shoot the puck and block shots. Russel's physical play is overrated.
Nurse-Sekera(lefty) 1 can rush the puck the guy on his off-side can pass the puck. Neither can shoot.
Davidson(is a #7 at best)-Benning(doesn't belong in the NHL)
Avitu (Doesn't belong in North America)

Eberle adopted a loser's mentality the minute that he signed for 6M per season. He never improved as a player after signing that deal. Didn't block shots, hit, strip opposition of the puck, go to the net, block shooting lanes or hustle. If you gave Eberle the puck you could feel pretty safe that he wasn't going to cough it up that often and before his last season with the Oilers you knew he was going to score quite often when you gave him the puck in a dangerous scoring area but he was seldom motivated to hustle to get into position in time to score those goals. If he stayed with Edmonton for a few more years he would probably be known as the Canadian Alex Kovalev.

Strome isn't going to score as many points as Eberle, but he's making less than 1/2 the money Eberle is and he's probably going to score 40 points this year while playing a much more well rounded game. I'll take Strome for 2.5M, thank you very much.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Everyone forgets that. Absolutely everyone.

I had a Habs fan in another thread tell me he wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for RNH straight up because Galchenyuk was much younger and had much higher potential.

The two players were born 10 months apart, wtf are you talking about...

Expect more from Habs fans. RNH instantly becomes one of their best forwards. Better the Drouin.

Reactions: thadd

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
sounds like you've never watched the Oilers play before.
Hall had horrible chemistry with his teammates up until Drai's 2nd season.
Hall's selfishness cost us more goals than it got us and I hadn't seen such pathetic blueline depth in the NHL in 20 years.
Hall for Larsson made sense then and it still makes sense now.
Hall back checked almost as seldom as Gretzky dropped the gloves.

Take that trade back now and Edmonton has Hall playing with either McDavid or Drai or Hopkins but on the flipside Benning is their only right handed d-man and their blueline looks like this:

Klefbom-Russel(lefty) - Nobody can pass the puck. Both can shoot the puck and block shots. Russel's physical play is overrated.
Nurse-Sekera(lefty) 1 can rush the puck the guy on his off-side can pass the puck. Neither can shoot.
Davidson(is a #7 at best)-Benning(doesn't belong in the NHL)
Avitu (Doesn't belong in North America)

Eberle adopted a loser's mentality the minute that he signed for 6M per season. He never improved as a player after signing that deal. Didn't block shots, hit, strip opposition of the puck, go to the net, block shooting lanes or hustle. If you gave Eberle the puck you could feel pretty safe that he wasn't going to cough it up that often and before his last season with the Oilers you knew he was going to score quite often when you gave him the puck in a dangerous scoring area but he was seldom motivated to hustle to get into position in time to score those goals. If he stayed with Edmonton for a few more years he would probably be known as the Canadian Alex Kovalev.

Strome isn't going to score as many points as Eberle, but he's making less than 1/2 the money Eberle is and he's probably going to score 40 points this year while playing a much more well rounded game. I'll take Strome for 2.5M, thank you very much.
Strome 17 pts Eberle 34 pts. Is this you Chiarelli?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad