Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Edmonton: March 5th 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Edmonton is playing much better since they fired Tippett. Koskinen is on a roll, while Smith is shit.

I guess we'll see who starts.

When we played them in Montreal, they won 7-2. Montembeault started and was complete crap. Finishing with a .625 save percentage in 40 minutes.

Kassian ran over Montembeault, and Petry ignored it. Pezz stepped up in 3rd, but was no match.

Both coaches in that game were summarily fired.

I expect Hammond to start again.

Discuss.
Smith Ain't shit, He's an elite Backup goalie with obvious starter potential.. at 40 years old the team can't play good enough defence to make him anything more than a backup especially at his age. .. the teams shit... Hammond is injured btw you could see it in the way he was backing up in his net last game that he strained something. Still a hell of a Low, Elite Tendy.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Smith Ain't shit.. the teams shit... I can't believe you can say that lol and Hammond is Injured... you could see it in the way he was backing up in his net that he strained something. Still a hell of a Low, Elite Tendy.

WHY isn't primeau starting..... he's fresh on a call up and we are playing decent hockey.. enough where primeau will feel confident..

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Montembeault starts. Hammond has been placed on IR with a lower body injury. Too many stretching saves vs Calgary, I guess. :shakehead

oh-hamnurgers-butters-stotch.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Smith Ain't shit, He's an elite Backup goalie with obvious starter potential.. at 40 years old the team can't play good enough defence to make him anything more than a backup especially at his age. .. the teams shit... Hammond is injured btw you could see it in the way he was backing up in his net last game that he strained something. Still a hell of a Low, Elite Tendy.

Smith has been awful this year. Every other goalie has been better than him in Edmonton this year, including Koskinen.

If Smith really wants to help Edmonton win, he should retire this summer so they can be rid of his cap hit and get an actual goalie.

Then you remember he signed a 35+ contract, so Oilers are stuck with that cap hit regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad