Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Edmonton: March 5th 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Edmonton is playing much better since they fired Tippett. Koskinen is on a roll, while Smith is shit.

I guess we'll see who starts.

When we played them in Montreal, they won 7-2. Montembeault started and was complete crap. Finishing with a .625 save percentage in 40 minutes.

Kassian ran over Montembeault, and Petry ignored it. Pezz stepped up in 3rd, but was no match.

Both coaches in that game were summarily fired.

I expect Hammond to start again.

Discuss.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Montembeault starts. Hammond has been placed on IR with a lower body injury. Too many stretching saves vs Calgary, I guess. :shakehead
It's hard to say what we get from the Undertaker. There have been nights where he looked really good and there have been nights where he looked like a beer league goalie(Winnipeg). I would feel better with the burger guy in net but oh well, he broke a toenail or something so he's not available.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Edmonton is playing much better since they fired Tippett. Koskinen is on a roll, while Smith is shit.

When we played them in Montreal, they won 7-2. Montembeault started and was complete crap. Finishing with a .625 save percentage in 40 minutes.

Kassian ran over Montembeault, and Petry ignored it. Pezz stepped up in 3rd, but was no match.

Discuss.

Hard to fire a guy named Tippett in hockey.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Who is going to "mark" McDavid? Wasn't that a strategy used with Byron?

Hammond is out? You can't be serious? Well, I guess it's true. Fitting with this season.

Truly have no idea what to expect in this game. Could be a blowout by Edmonton because the boys are resting on their laurels with the Calgary win.

Hope MSL tells them to have fun. They may need it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Gas is too god damn expensive to go anywhere so I guess I'll watch this game tonight. I'd like to see Draisaitl win the Rocket this season so I wouldn't mind a 3 or 4 goal game from him tonight as long as the Habs make it a competitive and entertaining game.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

Discuss.

Smith is starting, so expect to score at least 2 goals on the first 5 shots.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Okay, stop W Habs. With Edmonton and Vancouver who battle for a playoff spot, I'd expect they will play very good against Habs. We need to lose both. 36 regular L after 57 games, will be perfect for the tank.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Surprised this is at 7.

You shouldn't be. I can't recall the last time hnic didn't put the leafs or habs in their "primetime" slot despite it being a early start for the home team in Western Canada.

It's been a thing for several years now.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Smith is starting, so expect to score at least 2 goals on the first 5 shots.

I think the habs have used 6 or 7 goalies this year, so we know all about goalies being in tough.

The sad thing about the oilers though is that any rational person could see this coming with the oilers who actually had a choice in the offseason to go a different direction with their goaltending. The habs got forced into it with long term injuries to price and allen.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
It's hard to say what we get from the Undertaker. There have been nights where he looked really good and there have been nights where he looked like a beer league goalie(Winnipeg). I would feel better with the burger guy in net but oh well, he broke a toenail or something so he's not available.
Why do you call him that?

Reactions: OldCraig71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad