GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets 3/5/16 7:00pm EST SN,TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Chucky's bridge contract is gonna come and slap us in the face.

This isn't PS3. Why would Chucky want to sign a long term contract when he's been underplayed and on the wing his first seasons in the league. He's not stupid. He knows going to a bridge contract will allow him to be paid when he's nearer his peak potential.

People make it sound like the players have no say.

incognito Burrito*

Chicago should trade Kane and Toews.

Caps should trade Ovi.

Pittsburgh should trade Sid and Malkin.

Guess what ? Elite players are payed elite numbers.

All of those players are significantly better.

You don't trade Pacioretty.

You trade Plekanec for a decent return.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I disagree completely

That's ok. You are a mod so I won't argue.:sarcasm: but honestly why? It seems to me PATERYN is overly solid in his own end and has a good physical presence. Gilbert has a slight edge in puck movement but Pateryn doesn't seem to make as many mistakes IMO.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Lord tank commander condon!

tumblr_nw35vhzOna1shr61qo2_400.jpg

knows we need a top 3 pick!

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
All of those players are significantly better.

You don't trade Pacioretty.

You trade Plekanec for a decent return.

Are they better? Or does the local Montreal media not like PK and spin stories to make it seem like he's not as good as those guys? He's a top 5 D in the league and highly marketable. That's worth $9M in this league.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
That's ok. You are a mod so I won't argue.:sarcasm: but honestly why? It seems to me PATERYN is overly solid in his own end and has a good physical presence. Gilbert has a slight edge in puck movement but Pateryn doesn't seem to make as many mistakes IMO.

Pateryn is better than Gilbert to me even without taking into account salaries.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
This isn't PS3. Why would Chucky want to sign a long term contract when he's been underplayed and on the wing his first seasons in the league. He's not stupid. He knows going to a bridge contract will allow him to be paid when he's nearer his peak potential.

People make it sound like the players have no say.

How about you dunno if Chucky would have accepted long term Gallagher type of deal?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Because Pateryn still makes a ton of errors on the ice from reads, to gap control to decision making.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Only second 2 point game MaxPac has had in his last 23 games. And that game against AHL Toronto. Coincidence?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
PK helping the tank by taking a penalty with about 5 minutes to go ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad