twitter.com
Meantime, in MT's world ...

10cfla.gif

Goals schmoals :shakehead

q7Q4ykC.png

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
How about you dunno if Chucky would have accepted long term Gallagher type of deal?

Why would he? Gallagher is a lower round pick with less potential. He would have been stupid to not accept the long term deal. Chucky knows he's talented. Probably the most talented from his draft class. And he knows he been under utilized.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Because Pateryn still makes a ton of errors on the ice from reads, to gap control to decision making.

Sure but Gilbert makes tons of errors too and is on the decline whilst Pateryn is young and still getting better.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
PK loves losing edges and being in the box. At least he's helping the tank, can't hate for that!

incognito Burrito*

Are they better? Or does the local Montreal media not like PK and spin stories to make it seem like he's not as good as those guys? He's a top 5 D in the league and highly marketable. That's worth $9M in this league.

No. Montreal stories are ********. Media spins an agenda how they see fit.

Significantly better than Subban ? Not that much.

Subban carries this team.

Price carries this team.

While significant was too strong of a word, those players are better and closer to being worth, or actually worth their pay.

Subban isn't. His defensive play isn't that good, or at least as good as you would at least hope so for 9 mill a year.

I like Subban and would love to get another good player, or 2 and a different coaching staff and I think we could see him really shine. However, the hate a lot of you put on Pacioretty is ridiculous when you all seem so sure Subban does no wrong.

It just amazes me how people can't give out compliments to players and "have" to pick sides

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Calling it. Post game presser:

Media: "Michel, Chucky looked great at center, what do you think?"
MT: "Desharnais is skating and will be back on the top line soon."

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Sure but Gilbert makes tons of errors too and is on the decline whilst Pateryn is young and still getting better.

Plus Pateryn has a nice physical element to his game that is nice to have.

He's a solid 6-7 guy, so is Gilbert. But I prefer Greg and I have since last season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Pacioretty with 2 assists tonight...must help playing with centers who are actually a threat to score, takes a lot of attention away from him

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No. Montreal stories are ********. Media spins an agenda how they see fit.

Price carries this team.

While significant was too strong of a word, those players are better and closer to being worth, or actually worth their pay.

Subban isn't. His defensive play isn't that good, or at least as good as you would at least hope so for 9 mill a year.

I like Subban and would love to get another good player, or 2 and a different coaching staff and I think we could see him really shine. However, the hate a lot of you put on Pacioretty is ridiculous when you all seem so sure Subban does no wrong.

It just amazes me how people can't give out compliments to players and "have" to pick sides

Subban always gives his 100%. I don't give a flying **** if he makes a mistake or if he's paid 9M.

Pacioretty is a floater and doesn't work his ass off.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
9 more to reach 30, and that was with mostly Therrien trying to block him from producing. Not giving him Pacioretty. Shoving guys like Carr and Andrighetto(who are not bad, but not top scorers on this team) down his throat. Not playing him on the wing with Eller, where they actually have chemistry. If Galchenyuk reaches 30 this season, it'll be one of the hardest paths to a 30 goal season ever by any player.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Plus Pateryn has a nice physical element to his game that is nice to have.

He's a solid 6-7 guy, so is Gilbert. But I prefer Greg and I have since last season.

I agree, I mentioned his physical play in my other post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad