GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs New York Islanders 3/14/15- 7:00pm EST City, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
"Regarding system and stuff like that", Therrien said loudly exhaling "We are not changing it, Nothing. I don't think any team at this time of year is changing anything."

Wow I am enlightened, thank you.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm very happy Beaulieu is in but people calling Gonchar a "bum" need to take a close look at themselves in the mirror.

Upon your advice I just looked at myself in the mirror for a good amount of time and just as I originally suspected; still as handsome as ever!

Dec 8, 2014
"Regarding system and stuff like that", Therrien said loudly exhaling "We are not changing it, Nothing. I don't think any team at this time of year is changing anything."

Wow I am enlightened, thank you.

Lol that is BS. Every team changes strategies except Therrien.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Many of you dont seem to understand that a complete overhaul of the system would be idotic at this stage of the season. You do not do that right before the playoffs.

Implementing new strategies is a different thing, overhauling the system is not ideal.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Many of you dont seem to understand that a complete overhaul of the system would be idotic at this stage of the season. You do not do that right before the playoffs.

Implementing new strategies is a different thing, overhauling the system is not ideal.

I agree with you that it should've been done way earlier. However, I don't see how persevering with an unsustainable system is a good strategy.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I agree with you that it should've been done way earlier. However, I don't see how persevering with an unsustainable system is a good strategy.

I agree if anything it should have been done before the all star break. But to gut the whole system and implement a new one would be stupid,

It takes a minimum of a month to work out all of the kinks. They do not have time on their side. They barley have full practices these days.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
"Changing the system" isn't some massive thing like people imagine. The majority of systems are very similar with a few tweaks here or there. However, if he wants to play the same way, at the very least he needs to adjust the lines and put the players in the best position to succeed. The team needs offense, plain and simple and the lines as they are, are not providing that.

It's very pathetic, and so easy to see that it isn't working. I don't get it.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Pray for Price GAA.

carey-price-jesus.jpg

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
"Changing the system" isn't some massive thing like people imagine. The majority of systems are very similar with a few tweaks here or there. However, if he wants to play the same way, at the very least he needs to adjust the lines and put the players in the best position to succeed. The team needs offense, plain and simple and the lines as they are, are not providing that.

It's very pathetic, and so easy to see that it isn't working. I don't get it.

But what happens to the "a grinder per line" maxim? Offense is overrated anyways.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE

maybe you are right, but can we really do any worse? Turtling in your own zone, allowing Price to be used as shooting practice for other teams, Offensive strategy is passing it to Patches. Keep trying same PP even though hasn't worked in 2 years.

I don't know maybe an overhaul of this garbage system might do the team some good.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
Pretty obvious that MB stepped in and made Therrien play Beaulieu. MB probably is very happy with Nathan's progress and knows that benching him is completely wrong.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Love the overreaction about Beau's potential scratch but love the ridiculous justifications even more. Came to his senses, MB stepping in, lol, of course not one "my bad" on that one cause then a hater just moves on to the next thing you hate the coaching staff for. I imagine it was always the plan and we just read too much into the pairings in practice. Funny stuff as someone who sometimes disagrees with the staff but doesn't think they are braindead morons because they don't do what I want all the time :)

Man I hope for a big win tonight. This stretch has been frustrating. If that spanking against Ottawa doesn't do it, I'll be flabbergasted. Mind you NYI is no slouch, so this will be tough. As long as they play hard and look solid all game I'll be happy, no blowout, no lack of effort, NO EXCUSES as they say tonight. Time to step it up a little and get back into the swing of things.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Pretty obvious that MB stepped in and made Therrien play Beaulieu. MB probably is very happy with Nathan's progress and knows that benching him is completely wrong.

good point. MT commets yesterday were clear.

another reason to fire his ass.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Didn't the same thing happen with Eller earlier this season? He was supposed to be scratched but then ended up having a conversation with Bergevin and next thing we know, he's back in the lineup.

I wonder if this is Therrien's way of motivating players? Scare them into thinking they'll be scratched so they'll be more motivated when they end up playing anyway?

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Good test for the habs. Islanders lost last night putting up 35 shots vs hammond. We got them on a b2b but they could be playing with a chip.

5-3 islanders

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Didn't the same thing happen with Eller earlier this season? He was supposed to be scratched but then ended up having a conversation with Bergevin and next thing we know, he's back in the lineup.

I wonder if this is Therrien's way of motivating players? Scare them into thinking they'll be scratched so they'll be more motivated when they end up playing anyway?
Read an article on Tortorella's firing the other day, it basically was the same thing. Younger pllayers were afraid of making mistakes because they knew they'd be benched and it affected their play.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
I hate the system but the thing that needs changing is the PP ... Their 5v5 goals is fine but PP is awful

from my couch its pretty easy to tell, wonder why MT cant see it from the rink

1st line PP
PAP- DD- Pacioretty
Subban - markov

PAP has no shape, but he still has avarage hands and a good wrister, DD does well in front of the net, pacioretty got his spot in the ****, Subban to the left for is wicked shot, markov on the right to feed him.

2nd line PP
Eller- Gallagher- Galchenyuk
Petry- Beaulieu

I have nothing good to say about Eller, hes just the better option we have for now, Gallagher in the crease, galchenyuk to the right as he's a good puck mover and has better shot option from there, Petry has a good slap and Beaulieu can feed him from the right side

BOOM there goes their PPs

their 5v5 is very not fine also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad