GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs New York Islanders 3/14/15- 7:00pm EST City, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think great players force their coaches hands. Great players are built around - not any other way.

The players we have to worry about, the Ellers, the Higgins, the Kostitsyns etc. They're not going to be elite players. Subban was dicked around by Martin and Therrien, he DEMANDED ice-time and earned it. Remember how many people were burning up and down when Subban was benched by Martin? When he wouldn't get PK time from Therrien? Within 3 season he's a Norris winning, top5 defenseman. No one can hold Subban down.

Galchenyuk hasn't taken the top6 C position from DD or Pleks. It's on Therrien, sure, but Therrien doesn't give gifts to young players - they have to earn it. I don't agree with his methods AT ALL. But that's the reality. Subban made it through, Pacioretty made it through - maybe Galchenyuk is just a tier below them??

Which is exactly what I'm saying - I want to temper folks' expectations with Galchenyuk. Less Taveres, more Afinogenov.

What should he do ? He produced at a .8 PPG while he was at C with Patches... For 12 games. The team lost one time. For some kind of inexplicalble reason MT decided to move him out.... I guess he needs to be Crosby ?

Oh and not all players are the same... Subban is one of the strongest competitor insport, not fair.

Pacioretty said he didn't want to be in Galchenyuk's feet himself when he was in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad