GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Minnesota Wild 12/3/14- 7:00pm EST SN, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I've had it with Allen. Stop wasting Tinordi ffs.

It's possible to argue that Weaver brings some shot blocking ability that Tinordi doesn't have. On the other hand, whatever Allen brings, so can Tinordi. For each brain cramp by Tinordi that leads to one scoring opportunity, there's two age-related disfunctions by Allen that lead to two scoring opportunities.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
An unnecessary gamble. :sarcasm:

Is it? I think if you do the math it would show that the Wild are more likely to score 5 v 5 than 5 v 4. I cannot understand why they cannot score on the powerplay. I have never seen a power play with the zone time and shots they have struggle so badly.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is it? I think if you do the math it would show that the Wild are more likely to score 5 v 5 than 5 v 4. I cannot understand why they cannot score on the powerplay. I have never seen a power play with the zone time and shots they have struggle so badly.

Was being facetious, as my smiley suggested.

However, what would be the point of targeting Vanek? Let sleeping ... underperformers, lie.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ideally we'd be playing Beaulieu and Tinordi but yknow...MT

I would surmise that either one of Beaulieu or Tinordi, won't be up in the second half, especially if the lack of speed from the lower pairing Ds, continues to be exploited.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Usually I'd say that I don't think there'd be enough time to get all of them done by the warmup but we do have a really good equipment team. Its a possibility. I imagine they will definitely have the #4 sticker on the back of their helmets.Here's to a good game and to hoping that our team is fired up tonight.

Confirmed by the Montreal Canadiens.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Wow - just noticed that 20+ games into the sesson, Dale Weise has twice as many goals as Tomas Vanek!!

I didn't necessarily see that coming.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
How fitting that we play Minnesota, the team Béliveau scored his 500th goal against. So emotional, I can hardly think of anything else right now.

Go :habs Go

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Allen-Gilbert? Oh boy, that should be a treat on the road when they get stuck out there against the Koivu line.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Allen-Gilbert? Oh boy, that should be a treat on the road when they get stuck out there against the Koivu line.

At least Gilbert probably skates faster than Weaver, if that can be a consolation.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
At least Gilbert probably skates faster than Weaver, if that can be a consolation.

You'd think that after watching Stewart skate so easily between Allen and Gilbert for a breakaway goal they'll never be paired again. This is somewhat of an indication of that but with Therrien it's never certain.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Wild fan here. My old man was a Habs fan and idolized JB. Sad times for hockey fans everywhere. I plan on buying my dad a vacation to MTL in the coming years....he has always wanted to go.

I love when we play the Habs. Always seems like the heart of Canadian hockey versus the heart of American hockey as far as how much the locals consider hockey to be an intrinsic part of the culture. Two similar teams as well; strong wingers, two-way centers and solid defenseman.

Good luck and take it easy on us without Suter

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
PK normally dominates the Wild doesn't he? I know he had that 3G 1A game in Minny his rookie year and I think he's had a couple other good games too. Hopefully he can combine that with his JB tribute and really put on a show.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
You'd think that after watching Stewart skate so easily between Allen and Gilbert for a breakaway goal they'll never be paired again. This is somewhat of an indication of that but with Therrien it's never certain.

Wasn't it Allen and Weaver? Cause I hope we don't see a pairing as slow as that ever again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wild fan here. My old man was a Habs fan and idolized JB. Sad times for hockey fans everywhere. I plan on buying my dad a vacation to MTL in the coming years....he has always wanted to go.

Thanks for sharing that. If you want to do something for your Dad, I'd consider doing it as soon as you can. I lost my Dad years ago and all I think about was all the things I wish I would have done. Enjoy him while you have him.

If you should plan a trip to Montreal, start a thread on our forum and remind us of your post. We'll be sure to provide you with any info you may need.

Man, these Minnesota posters make it so damn difficult to foster a rivalry. Stop being so nice, dudes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA