GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs. Los Angeles Kings 10/18/17 10:30pm EST RDS, TSN2, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am on a business trip in El Paso and will watch on my iPad. I must love punishment.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If there any other reason to watch now? My favorite thing to do before I go sleep is watch a comedy.

I recommend the following:
The Office
Arrested Development
Montreal Canadiens games (particularly their offense and defense zone coverage)
Curb your enthusiasm
Therrien post game comments
Silicon Valley
Bergevin press conferences
It's always Sunny in Philadelphia
Brooklyn 99

Reactions: mtl_felix

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The Office
Arrested Development
Curb your enthusiasm
Silicon Valley
Brooklyn 99

Fortunately this is no longer on the air, but I think RDS is trying to pick up the syndication rights for it.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Office
Arrested Development
Curb your enthusiasm
Silicon Valley
Brooklyn 99

Aside from Habs games, I'm into The Goldbergs. I'm catching up on it on CraveTV.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Molson will not do a rebuild until he's done repaying his loan to buy the team. He needs guaranteed revenue from the regular season and he's scared fans won't show up for a rebuild. Little does he know that he's currently killing the fan base by keeping this terrible GM in charge. Home opener ''sold out'' but barely and if it wasn't for Leafs fans, wouldn't have sold out that game either.

Should kill about the 60 - 80 highly vocal fans -- francophone AND anglophone, sports forums and talk shows -- who only see bad, whatever is done, and that are now referring to themselves as the self-appointed Habs' fan base.

Precious...

What I'll agree with, however, win or lose, is that the ridiculous ticket prices are killing the real fan base...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
The Office
Arrested Development
Curb your enthusiasm
Silicon Valley
Brooklyn 99
How could you forget:
Parks and recreation
Antichambre's Galchenyuk segments
Leterkenny
The Benn turnover show
Patche's weak wrister from the perimeter clinic
And community

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Should kill about the 60 - 80 highly vocal fans -- francophone AND anglophone, sports forums and talk shows -- who only see bad, whatever is done, and that are now referring to themselves as the self-appointed Habs' fan base.

Precious...

What I'll agree with, however, win or lose, is that the ridiculous ticket prices are killing the real fan base...

Sure, let's cheer on as Grandpa opts for the voodoo doctor to slaughter a magical chicken instead of the thoracic surgeon to perform a triple bypass to save the old guy's life. That's what real family would do.

Pitiful, condescending claptrap.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
John Stevens has a crush on Brown meaning less TOI for the 70s line so uh ya thats a good thing!

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Precious...

Oh no I love watching a good disaster. Hurricane, tornado, flood, volcano, plane crash or like the habs a train derailment. Wouldn't miss this for anything. Might be the game that we start the Marc Bergevin Fire Watch. I mean I know he is a dumpster fire, but when will he be fired.
media_http26mediatumb_uafbm.jpg.scaled500.jpg

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Oh no I love watching a good disaster. Hurricane, tornado, flood, volcano, plane crash or like the habs a train derailment. Wouldn't miss this for anything. Might be the game that we start the Marc Bergevin Fire Watch. I mean I know he is a dumpster fire, but when will he be fired.
media_http26mediatumb_uafbm.jpg.scaled500.jpg

That actually sounds credible for you. I buy that...

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I hate the current makeup of this team sooooo much. I actually prefer the 1999 team over this garbage.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Par for the course from the diatribe I've been reading around these parts since Therrien was named head coach. It's nothing new. Only the actors have changed, but the same refrain resounds. Not surprised you recognized your own handiwork...

You aren't the arbiter of who is a fan or what constitutes a fan. Some, like you, are content to watch a once proud franchise deteriorate into disrepair through neglect and incompetence.

You stand silent about mediocrity, nepotism, bufoonery and self-immolation. Fine with me. Yet I don't have the arrogance to tell you you're a lesser fan because of it.

I've watched and cheered and celebrated 12 Montreal Stanley Cups, so I have a pretty good idea what a talented, creative, successful and classy team looks like.

This current version of that once inspiring and respected franchise is none of the above. But you're entitled to cheer for the failures and mismanagement if you so desire. So feel free to tilt at windmills while vehemently endorsing this abject failure of a team, while some of us prefer just to call a spade - a spade.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I hate the current makeup of this team sooooo much. I actually prefer the 1999 team over this garbage.
AT least they tried and could have a comeback, unlike this sad sack team. Not to mention they were plagued with injuries and a 35 million budget compared to the 60-75 million the other teams were spending...Oh yeah almost forgot about cap space, our 10 million dollar player! Whoot!!

Reactions: Habs Icing

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
You aren't the arbiter of who is a fan or what constitutes a fan. Some, like you, are content to watch a once proud franchise deteriorate into disrepair through neglect and incompetence.

You stand silent about mediocrity, nepotism, bufoonery and self-immolation. Fine with me. Yet I don't have the arrogance to tell you you're a lesser fan because of it.

I've watched and cheered and celebrated 12 Montreal Stanley Cups, so I have a pretty good idea what a talented, creative, successful and classy team looks like.

This current version of that once inspiring and respected franchise is none of the above. But you're entitled to cheer for the failures and mismanagement if you so desire. So feel free to tilt at windmills while vehemently endorsing this abject failure of a team, while some of us prefer just to call a spade - a spade.

BRAVO BRAVO!!!

Reactions: groovejuice

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri

Precious...

How many games do you go to? This team is not entertaining live I’ll say it will be more than 60 people

I realllly hope it doesn’t get to sweaters being thrown but it’s getting close

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I decided to create a GDT that is reflective of a few things

-The effort that Hemsky puts into his performance
-The level of effort that Bergevin put in creating the defense
-The optimism going into tonight
nailed it!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The Office
Arrested Development
Curb your enthusiasm
Silicon Valley
Brooklyn 99
Curb your enthusiasm is awesome. Haven't watched the new season though.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Lines should be:

Lehkonen-Drouin-Galchenyuk
Pacioretty-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Plekanec-Hudon
DLR-Mitchell-Shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events