GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Columbus Blue Jackets- 1/25/16 7:00pm EST SNE, RDS, TSN 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
How about we just enjoy hockey and hope something good happens instead of wishing to lose and be miserable about it?

I don't want my team to be the Oilers 2.0, move to Edmonton or Toronto

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Since when is making the playoffs the ultimate prize? Some hab fans expectations are turning into the common Leaf expectations fans slowly but surely.

I never said making the playoffs was the ultimate prize. Winning the cup is, but last I checked you need to make the playoffs in order to do so :)

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
How about we just enjoy hockey and hope something good happens instead of wishing to lose and be miserable about it?

Are other team forums this negative all the time? I don't really read any other ones. The main board usually seems pretty chill unless something happens. THis board is ALWAYS negative about everything.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Hockey hasn't been enjoyable for the past 7 years.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I never said making the playoffs was the ultimate prize. Winning the cup is, but last I checked you need to make the playoffs in order to do so :)

Hehe sure, but we've made the playoffs a bunch of times...haven't won a single thing. Cups are all that matter. And with this leadership team we're further from a cup than close to it. Sure we should make the playoffs every year just because of Carey Price but we're NOT a contender and that's the issue. The GM hasn't done enough.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
If you can't enjoy hockey unless your team is winning, you're a kings fan, move to LA

Habs have been winning a lot in the past 7 years. It's not about victories, it's about entertainment. Something that's been lacking for way too long.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site

Toronto will win before we do at this rate.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Habs have been winning a lot in the past 7 years. It's not about victories, it's about entertainment. Something that's been lacking for way too long.

then you're just jaded I guess, take a break, watch Soccer or Football or Pétancle, come back in 5 years

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site

If we were winning cups I could look past not being entertaining...but we haven't won anything playing this negative hockey that MT employs.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
stop. we don't have the best roster, but that Toronto lineup is pathetic. we're still light years ahead of them

We have some good pieces don't get me wrong...but this coach won't win, the GM is too stubborn, and our top 6 isn't good enough.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Maybe it's just me but I've found most of the hockey I've watched in the last decade very entertaining. The reality is that, in the age of salary caps and parity, if you need a cup to define a good year, then you won't be happy much.
I'm finding this year very entertaining and have been proud of the team's effort during this very bad stretch.
I will never cheer for the Habs to lose no matter what. I expect the players to win and lose with class and I would wish that fans could do that too.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
The only edition that was unwatchable was that 2011-2012 "dump and don't chase" Cunneyworth trash of a team. That was beyond terrible. The current edition is fine, we're just in a bad slump, I find MOST games enjoyable. Some of them are boring, but that's just how hockey goes. Habs-Devils will never be good, ever

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
someone should compile a list of the tank-crew so when we make the playoffs we can shame them

Shame me all you want when we win the Stanley Cup with this lineup or any roster Bergevin is able to assemble by deadline.

Spoiler: You won't.

Since when is making the playoffs the ultimate prize? Some hab fans expectations are turning into the common Leaf expectations fans slowly but surely.

How about we keep track of the people who cheer to get owned in the first round of the playoffs when they complain we don't have enough talent.

Add WTK and myself to the top of that list. I don't care.

But then we should also compile a "win-regardless-crew" so that we can shame them when the Habs are still mediocre and **** next year and for the rest 5 years. And shame them even more when the cup window closes on our prime players and all we have to show for it is a couple of playoff wins and some early exits ;)

Well said gentlemen, the playoffs aren't an end in themselves.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia

Of course it's not the ultimate prize, but it's super ****ing exciting and something to cheer about and enjoy. We don't have "Leaf expectations". We make the playoffs and, god forbid, we enjoy it and cheer for them to win.

How about we keep track of the people who cheer to get owned in the first round of the playoffs when they complain we don't have enough talent.

Second round last year could have gone either way. Conference finals the year before that and..Kreider.

So you didn't enjoy the playoffs the last two times we made it to the conference finals? That's crazy to me. "Win the cup or **** my team" Huh.

If you say you didn't enjoy the 09-10 cup run where we knocked off Pittsburgh and Washington, you're just lying :laugh:

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but I've found most of the hockey I've watched in the last decade very entertaining. The reality is that, in the age of salary caps and parity, if you need a cup to define a good year, then you won't be happy much.
I'm finding this year very entertaining and have been proud of the team's effort during this very bad stretch.
I will never cheer for the Habs to lose no matter what. I expect the players to win and lose with class and I would wish that fans could do that too.

Effort isn't the problem. Our coach only allows us to use a select few tools to get the job done, so our players are obeying. We're simply outcoached and outclassed when the chips are down.

Every fan is different...but at the end of the day we want them to WIN A CUP...so when some people are disgruntled it's simply because they see the odds of that happening getting smaller. And when you have 2 bonafide superstars on your team it stings that much more.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
So you didn't enjoy the playoffs the last two times we made it to the conference finals? That's crazy to me. "Win the cup or **** my team" Huh.

If you say you didn't enjoy the 09-10 cup run where we knocked off Pittsburgh and Washington, you're just lying :laugh:

There are 82 games before the playoffs and they are 82 very hard to watch games.

Playoffs are fine.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
wow this board is negative lately... when's the last time a draft pick helped our NHL team in their first year?

with our core in their prime can we really wait for young talent to develop in the minors?

is tanking really the solution?

GHG! no tank! no losing culture!

i think we can all agree-- if MB can add a top6 fwd before the deadline we have a chance this year

tanking is for losers

The worst are the one's in the GDT who openly cheer for the other team.

Are other team forums this negative all the time? I don't really read any other ones. The main board usually seems pretty chill unless something happens. THis board is ALWAYS negative about everything.

then you're just jaded I guess, take a break, watch Soccer or Football or Pétancle, come back in 5 years

Aren't you guys being a little harsh? It's not as if any of us has the power to jinx or change the outcome of anything the Habs do. Plus, we're not a booster club, I'd like to think that it's a forum open to all stripes. What does it matter that some think we can achieve a better team through tanking? Or that someone finds that the games lack entertainment? All of us are Habs fans, not all of us need to react the same way.

Keep them comin'. :yo:

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Of course it's not the ultimate prize, but it's super ****ing exciting and something to cheer about and enjoy. We don't have "Leaf expectations". We make the playoffs and, god forbid, we enjoy it.

Second round last year could have gone either way. Conference finals the year before that and..Kreider.

I enjoyed the Pittsburgh/Washington year for sure...but we all knew that the carriage would turn into a pumpkin, don't kid yourselves.

Honestly I had hopes for this team...but last year's playoffs was a big disappointment for me because I saw negative hockey with little to no emotion. We couldn't score, we didn't change up any tactics, we simply didn't come to play like we had done the previous year vs Boston. We were all screaming for MB to get help up front for the playoffs last year, but instead he went to get Mitchell and Flynn from Buff...and then we said oh, he'll fix it before the season...well here we are...same holes in the top 6...well all know how this story ends.

Hopes have been dashed, this GM has done nothing.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
The only edition that was unwatchable was that 2011-2012 "dump and don't chase" Cunneyworth trash of a team. That was beyond terrible. The current edition is fine, we're just in a bad slump, I find MOST games enjoyable. Some of them are boring, but that's just how hockey goes. Habs-Devils will never be good, ever

Agreed. It's not like we were consistently outplayed. In fact most of our losses we actually outshot the opponent! Regarding the many defeatist pro-tank postings on here I attribute to psychological reaction to uncertainty. For some it's better to have 100% expectation that you will lose than to allow the uncertainty of winning. Hockey is a skilled game with a high degree of the unexpected. I enjoy watching hockey - to quote the late Alan Rickman " I want to swim in both directions at once. Desire success, court failure".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad