GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Columbus Blue Jackets- 1/25/16 7:00pm EST SNE, RDS, TSN 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
How do you all feel about tonight's outcome? Usually, back to back games with the same team end up in a split. Who wins this one?

I also see a split as the most likely outcome. But if we can get away with 3 points out of 4 that would be great!

Habs lose tonight, win tomorrow @ home

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Here's hoping for a good ol' 0 points out of 4. I don't see it happening against CBJ tho, but who knows.

#EmbraceTheTank

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
If we have to win one better do so in OT so they at least get a point out of it.

mechantmardi

Apr 15, 2010
Montreal
tanking??

we just need to make the playoffs and get a rested price back in the lineup... we can be a scary wildcard seed.

and by the way does anyone even look at the atlantic division standings??
only 4 points separating 2nd and 6th.
only 9 points separating 1st and 6th.

only 48/82 games played... home ice advantage is not out of reach.

go habs go!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have a jersey thats signed by Price..............and Therrien :cry:

How does that even happen. Who would actually want a Therrien autograph? :laugh:

I take it you were able to parlay the Foxholer's signature into a significant price discount?

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
tanking??

we just need to make the playoffs and get a rested price back in the lineup... we can be a scary wildcard seed.

go habs go!

We won't be a scary wildcard team more than we were a top division team with the same terrible offense we've had the last 2 playoffs. There's too much work to solve it all during the season for Bergevin's trade capacity, better pick a good player at draft and some quality UFA for once and come back stronger next year. This team as is will get the same early exit we've been used to.

Subban has the flu. Oh boy, here we go!

Taking one for the team. Nice work PK! :thumbu:

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
i guess it will be greg pateryn tonight

Yeah Subban not at the morning skate.

Dunno why Pateryn isn't playing more anyway over Barberio, he's sat out like 35 games -- is MT determined to reduce another big young defenceman's value to near-zero?

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
tanking??

go habs go!

Nothing scary about this team really... We'd need Price (if he comes back at all) to stand on his head like usual and even then our offense is so bad it wouldn't be enough to win 16 games. The goal is to win the Cup and a team with Weise and DD as top 6 players is not a contender, sorry. Trades won't happen either because they apparently don't exist anymore so what options are left to improve? You sell the deadwood for picks and you tank, this year's draft is very deep apparently. You hopefully look so bad in the process that your incompetent coach is fired in the offseason too. Another way to instantly improve.

Last edited:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
tanking??

go habs go!

Cup winners win with offenses that average about 3 goals, give or take. Our team will not do that.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
So.....

Pacioretty Plekanec Gallagher
Galchenyuk Desharnais Weise
Fleischmann Eller Carr
Flynn Mitchell Smith-Pelly

Markov Petry
Emelin Barberio
Beaulieu Pateryn

Barberio will end up with more ice time than Beaulieu I see it now...

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
I own a Sergei Kostitsyn jersey. I'm not ashamed though. I liked him even with his awful attitude.

Same here!

I own a chucky one now, the first and probably last LEGIT jersey I buy.

No more 300$ jerseys for you Mr.Molson, Chinese bootlegs will do the job from now on.

mechantmardi

Apr 15, 2010
Montreal
wow this board is negative lately... when's the last time a draft pick helped our NHL team in their first year?

with our core in their prime can we really wait for young talent to develop in the minors?

is tanking really the solution?

when we see the results (if any) carey, max, and PK could be in their 30s...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah Subban not at the morning skate.

Dunno why Pateryn isn't playing more anyway over Barberio, he's sat out like 35 games -- is MT determined to reduce another big young defenceman's value to near-zero?

Oover Barberio? Jeez

I know he's not as popular around here, but since Barberio has joined the team, he's been the 3rd best, sometimes 2nd best Dman on the ice after Subban and Petry.

He's absolutely earned his icetime, there's no reason he should be sat for Pateryn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad