GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Colorado Avalanche: 12/1/14 9:00pm EST SN East, RDS(HD),TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
From the Avs GDT. Pretty accurate perception of our lineup for outsiders if you ask me:

Pacioretty-Little Offensive Guy-Not Briere
Center in Training-Plekanec- Pricey
Prust-Eller-Rookie the Coach Doesn't Like
Dutch Gretzky-Malhotra-Tangradi Tonic

Markov-VERY Pricey
Young Russian-Old Russian
Dumb Penalty-Little Defensive Guy

I guess Gilbert is designated Nacho Handler

Price (not "y")
Tokarski

is Galagher?

bigtimehockeyfan999*

i'll be happy with 4 points on this road trip...not happy about having to wait another 5 hours for puck drop though.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Can someone share with me the expected power play units?

I typed up who I thought has been playing PP lately then erased it,I don't really remember the exact 5 because I stopped paying attention during the powerplay, just like our players.

Just imagine a 5 man unit constantly trying to get shots from the point with the defending forwards playing tight on our dmen and resulting in blocked shots or errant passes. Then after 2 minutes and 0 to 2 shots, we start creating pressure 5v5 because some reason playing with an extra man is harder for us.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
is Galagher?

Exactly.

Pacioretty-Little Offensive Guy-Not Briere
Center in Training-Plekanec- Pricey

Gallagher is far from "pricey".

As for the first line centre, I would have settled for the "Little Guy Fan Base Takes Offense To". :sarcasm:

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Your lack of knowledge is cute. Avs lost in the playoff's last season not because a lack of talent, but because of a lack of depth. We finally sustained some depth this offseason and all of it is injured.

- Mitchell has been a pretty solid 3rd centre for us. His ability to control the puck and show a decent level of skill is why were able to roll three lines every night.

- McGinn is a consistent 20 goal scorer that brings secondary scoring and physicality.

- Winchester has not played a game this season and our fourth line has been beyond brutal because of it. The Avs fourth line has to be one of the worst in the NHL due to the lack of Winchester's puck possession ability. There is a reason why he was Avs first targeted and signed player last July.

- Everberg was one of the bright spots for the season. He's 6'4", but plays a Gallagher type of game. Simple game, gets the puck deep, goes to the dirty areas, and has a great ability to steal pucks from a high work ethic. Definitely an NHL player.

- Cliche has AHL talent in everything, but has NHL PK ability.

- Street has been surprisingly solid. He's a boardline line NHL/AHLer, but was very useful in our faceoff percentage. Without him, we are consistently awful.

- Bordeleau is an AHLer, no doubt about that.

- Stuart is one of the main reasons why our PK is top 3 in the league. The guy is a PK killing machine. Might not be a legitimate top 4 any more, but majority of Avs fans have been happy with his play.

- Wilson was far from an AHL player, the guy was developing into a very solid top 4 defenseman like Emelin, but more offensive output. Injures have just ruined his career and is probably done as an NHL player.

- Varlamov, elite goaler who should have won the Vezina and was top 5 in Hart votes. Losing a goaler like him in Price against the Rangers last year has major implications as all of you guys' probably know.

Very far from your "8 AHL player" ignorance.

What season did Mcginn get 20 goals? :dunno:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What season did Mcginn get 20 goals? :dunno:

Two points...

- His last two seasons he has gotten 18 and 19 goals respectively. Now prove to me using math and numbers that 18 and 19 are closer to 10 or 15 than to 20. He is a 20 goal scorer, even if he stops at 19, just like how Pacioretty is a 40 goal scorer in my book stopping at 39.

- One of the seasons he had with the Sharks he was on pace 20 goals, and was on a hot streak before sustaining a back injury which kept him out for the rest of the year. He came back for the playoffs and played injured.

He was on pace for 20+ goals this season before getting into back problems again. Now Avs and him have to determine to get back surgery or not which will kill this season.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Two points...

- His last two seasons he has gotten 18 and 19 goals respectively. Now prove to me using math and numbers that 18 and 19 are closer to 10 or 15 than to 20.

- One of the seasons he had with the Sharks he was on pace 20 goals, and was on a hot streak before sustaining a back injury which kept him out for the rest of the year. He came back for the playoffs and played injured.

He was on pace for 20+ goals this season before getting into back problems again. Now Avs and him have to determine to get back surgery or not which will kill this season.

I guess Max Pacioretty is a consitent 40 goal scorer then...

18 and 19 is not 20. Is that enough proof for you that he is not a consistent 20 goal scorer?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
And we delay them making rookie mistakes for next year? They need to play and get thrown out there after a mistake and know that everyone ****s up but their coach backs them up.

They need NHL reps.. Playing in the AHL is not going to help them make decisions at NHL speed.

Being a leader in the AHL is better than being on the sidelines in the NHL.

Tinordi and Beaulieu are still very young. Especially by defensemen standards. What's the rush exactly?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Your lack of knowledge is cute. Avs lost in the playoff's last season not because a lack of talent, but because of a lack of depth. We finally sustained some depth this offseason and all of it is injured.

- Mitchell has been a pretty solid 3rd centre for us. His ability to control the puck and show a decent level of skill is why were able to roll three lines every night.

- McGinn is a consistent 20 goal scorer that brings secondary scoring and physicality.

- Winchester has not played a game this season and our fourth line has been beyond brutal because of it. The Avs fourth line has to be one of the worst in the NHL due to the lack of Winchester's puck possession ability. There is a reason why he was Avs first targeted and signed player last July.

- Everberg was one of the bright spots for the season. He's 6'4", but plays a Gallagher type of game. Simple game, gets the puck deep, goes to the dirty areas, and has a great ability to steal pucks from a high work ethic. Definitely an NHL player.

- Street has been surprisingly solid. He's a boardline line NHL/AHLer, but was very useful in our faceoff percentage. Without him, we are consistently awful.

- Stuart is one of the main reasons why our PK is top 3 in the league. The guy is a PK killing machine. Might not be a legitimate top 4 any more, but majority of Avs fans have been happy with his play.

- Wilson was far from an AHL player, the guy was developing into a very solid top 4 defenseman like Emelin, but more offensive output. Injures have just ruined his career and is probably done as an NHL player.

- Varlamov, elite goaler who should have won the Vezina and was top 5 in Hart votes. Losing a goaler like him in Price against the Rangers last year has major implications as all of you guys' probably know.

you seem mad

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Definitely sounds like 8 AHLers, Varlamov, and Mcguinn.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Because I just love it when people call certain players consistent XX goal scorers when they have only acheived in once in their career.

I didn't call him a "consistent" anything. I only replied to your one question about whether he had had a 20-goal season.

However, I do understand the overall nature of your opposition. It's up to the individual who is putting it out there, to defend it. I don't disagree with your premise, though. Takes a hell of lot more data points than that to evoke "consistency".

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Consistent posts about consistency, alert.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Being a leader in the AHL is better than being on the sidelines in the NHL.

Tinordi and Beaulieu are still very young. Especially by defensemen standards. What's the rush exactly?

I think Bergevin created expectations when he said that it's time for the young players to have more opportunities and responsibilities.

That doesn't necessarily mean all the young players. Chucky and Sekac are getting more, inexplicable benchings aside. I guess the brain trust concluded that neither Beaulieu nor Tinordi showed enough to warrant it at this point.

They both showed moments of brilliance, but not enough apparently to keep them up.

Personally, I'd like to see one of the two up at all times, but it's also perfectly plausible that they'll improve in Hamilton.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Tinordi not ready to play in the NHL. Better play Gilbertte and Waivers.

tumblr_ncjbv3y3Ut1tctm09o1_400.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I guess the brain trust concluded that neither Beaulieu nor Tinordi showed enough to warrant it at this point.

They both showed moments of brilliance, but not enough apparently to keep them up.

In other words, not enough consistency. ;)

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
I didn't call him a "consistent" anything. I only replied to your one question about whether he had had a 20-goal season.

However, I do understand the overall nature of your opposition. It's up to the individual who is putting it out there, to defend it. I don't disagree with your premise, though. Takes a hell of lot more data points than that to evoke "consistency".

My question regarding consistency was probably more directed towards the poster I originally quoted. You just got caught in the crossfire.

Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad