GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Colorado Avalanche: 12/1/14 9:00pm EST SN East, RDS(HD),TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Glad to see Gilbert back, though it's kinda funny how we had to sign Gilbert/Weaver so we had enough RHD, yet we have them both on the same pair and two LHD on another pair. Therrien's logic I guess :dunno:

To be fair, Gonchar is better on his off side.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
To be fair, Gonchar is better on his off side.

Yup, I'm aware of that, though the part about Gilbert - Weaver bothers me most. I hope they'll call up a young D in about 10 games at most.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Yup, I'm aware of that, though the part about Gilbert - Weaver bothers me most. I hope they'll call up a young D in about 10 games at most.

They're not going to call up a young D just to have him sit here as the 7th D. Not going to happen. Next year, those kids will be here with Weaver, Gonchar and Allen all gone. Let them play another season in Hamilton, better then sitting around here

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They're not going to call up a young D just to have him sit here as the 7th D. Not going to happen. Next year, those kids will be here with Weaver, Gonchar and Allen all gone. Let them play another season in Hamilton, better then sitting around here

And we delay them making rookie mistakes for next year? They need to play and get thrown out there after a mistake and know that everyone ****s up but their coach backs them up.

They need NHL reps.. Playing in the AHL is not going to help them make decisions at NHL speed.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014

I didn't mean call him to sit him but to play him instead of said old D. My main complaint is that MB said before the season this would be a transition year, so I was willing to accept a few losses if it meant our young D get NHL experience. As things are looking now, it seems we'll have to delay the plans until next year, which is quite frustrating, as these guys still won't have a full NHL season under their belt.

Oh and people used to say the same thing as you with Gorges, Bouillon and Murray gone, then we went and signed Gilbert/Weaver and acquired a bunch of old D.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
As much as I would like to say screw it and not watch after the debacles versus the worst team in the league, I will be there with the rest of you guys.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Maybe P.K. be's P.K. this game! That's what would make me happy, even if we don't win.

Jump up in the rush, hog the puck, go for a tour of the offensive zone, use that F'en one timer again and again on the P.P., and lay that heavy bee sting on opponents entering a zone.

That is P.K. to me. Come on P.K.

HABSonaroll

Mar 20, 2013
Maybe P.K. be's P.K. this game! That's what would make me happy, even if we don't win.

Jump up in the rush, hog the puck, go for a tour of the offensive zone, use that F'en one timer again and again on the P.P., and lay that heavy bee sting on opponents entering a zone.

That is P.K. to me. Come on P.K.

X2 - Also put Eller or Malhotra with Max and Parenteau - give it a try couldn't be any worse than with DD + with Malhotra winning all those faceoffs :hockey:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
the game starts at 9pm and it's too late for you guys? any job that starts earlier than 9am is for craycray people cmon now

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Having Carey Price in nets should solve the Roy effect on Colorado's goalies, hopefully it doesn't work in reverse and their goalie plays outstanding against the Habs. Parenteau should be playing great against his old teammates, proving that it was a mistake letting him go to the Habs. Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's "Noël". ;)

Funny enough, a Spanre employee who has a tréma in his name, tweeting about another guy who also has one, but omits it:

Mikaël Lalancette‏@MLalancetteTVA
Les Giants de Vancouver confirment l'embauche de Claude Noel comme nouvel entraîneur-chef.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Glad to see Gilbert back, though it's kinda funny how we had to sign Gilbert/Weaver so we had enough RHD, yet we have them both on the same pair and two LHD on another pair. Therrien's logic I guess :dunno:

That's because Gonchar has played on the right side his whole career.

But I guess it's easier to blame it on Therrien if you didn't know that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad